Red lining for the fist time

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
OK, I've been a real good boy and kept my bus below 9K rpms and been easy on the throttle. But now, it's past 1400 miles and I'd like to run it up to 10,500 in the first three gears, but I'd like to keep the front wheel on the ground.

Will moderately easy on the throttle to the wide open point and watching the tach keep the front wheel down, or is the the front wheel going to come off the ground anyway?

I'd like to not bust by butt just excellerating as fast as I can.

Man, I just looked at your profile. I thought I was one of the older guys here. But I bow down to you. Late 50's and riding a Busa. You and I are proof that you are only as old as you feel. Anyway, as for twisting it up. There is probably no way to keep it down in 1st and maybe 2nd. Just gonna come up some. No problem, it's smooth. If you have yet to really let your Busa stretch it's legs you are in for a ride. Have fun, just be carefull. You are gonna love it more than ever.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126280822 -->

Thanks for the info. Yep, it took me a month to adapt to the sport bike position. I'd ridden Sportsters for several years, and I wanted a challenge. Wow, what a pleasant surprise.

First gear is really all you have to worry about. As long as you're smooth with the wrist you will have no problems. Have fun.

Guys what are you talking about? I occasionally enter the highway in 1st all the way to redline (just to remind her where she belongs). Just be smooth. It's not gonna come up. Even in 1st, you gotta snap the throttle doing like 30 for her to come up. If you keep rolling the throttle smoothly nothing is gonna happen.

By the same token, don't have a death grip on the handlebars. Hold your body with legs and torso. The hands must be relaxed. Otherwise, you might be taken for a ride by a pogo stick if you know what I mean.
smile.gif

edit: being at 45, I feel like a teen.
biggrin.gif
I agree, you are as old as you think you are. I hope to ride at 58 the same way I ride now.
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126281823 -->

You don't need to "break in a motor" From the start you will want to rev it and ride it hard. Break in better that way. "Break in" a motor is so 1970's. The way motors are built now. Break In process just hurts you in the long run and less HP.

I build High HP motors. Has been tried and tested over and over...

i agree if you have a full tank of gas and your smooth with the throttle the busa will not come up... even if you don't have a full tank of gas.

You don't need to "break in a motor"  From the start you will want to rev it and ride it hard.  Break in better that way.  "Break in" a motor is so 1970's.  The way motors are built now.  Break In process just hurts you in the long run and less HP.

I build High HP motors.  Has been tried and tested over and over...
Yeah, I've been wondering myself. After reading all the stuff on the net, and opinions of those who build, tune, etc. doesn't seem like a good idea to follow standard break-in by the book, but rather use much more aggressive, and shorter approach.
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

Back