Red Light Revvers!

Bobby B

Registered
How many have you guys sat at a light in your regular car and some random dude splits up at the cross walk on a 600, 750 or maybe an R1 and whille he waits revs his ride to 3-4k non stop until the light turns green? And you say to yourself Buddy if you only new what I'm packing in my garage!!!!! (again this is is just for fun guys, you know you all have been there)!

Redlights are a good place to test out the rev limiter. Especially at night, get some flames to come out of the Akrapovic.

I turn up my ear buds as factory company van stereo sucks . Pandora drowns them out . Had a R1 buzz me with my boy on the back @ about 140 unexpected , and he nearly hit us . He was shocked when I caught him two up . He also didnt want his free ass whooping so he bailed the other direction . Wore just shorts/Tshirt
tennis shoes/Skull face mask , and lime green 1980 sunglasses . If spotted kick him off the bike LOL !

Live in a college town so lots of young guys on bikes. Had a guy on an Yamaha, I think it was an R6, come up beside my car at a stoplight and stopped so fast he almost dropped the bike. It was drizzling rain and his back tire was almost slick. He kept blipping the throttle and when he took off it sounded like he almost killed it then just wound it up to keep it from stalling on him. He stayed right up on the car in front of him and once the road opened up he passed almost getting clipped by the car in the other lane. It's a miracle if the kid is still alive the way he rode.

And you say to yourself Buddy if you only new what I'm packing in my garage!!!!!

I've said that to myself many times. :laugh:

But what really gets me is if they are first in line at the light - when it changes Green they take off as fast as they can.
And I think to myself - someday someone is going to run the red light and that will be the end of them.
I guess their Mom didn't teach them to look both ways before crossing a street. Going to have to learn that one for themselves the hard way, I guess.
They think because they have the right of way that nothing will go wrong, I guess, but we all know that having the right of way doesn't hurt any less if they hit you. :banghead:

Only 1 time comes to mind other than Motogp weekend,I'm sitt'n at a light and I hear this Harley revving.It was at a gas station about 1/8 mile up the road.He pulls out hot to cross the south lane,stops...revs it hard some more and gives it hell to the next light.While he's sitting there revving the crap out of that Harley,I rolled up beside him real slow and just looked at him...The Harley went to an idle and he sat there when the light went green til I got through the intersection.......the presence of the Hayabusa shut him down :laugh:

Only 1 time comes to mind other than Motogp weekend,I'm sitt'n at a light and I hear this Harley revving.It was at a gas station about 1/8 mile up the road.He pulls out hot to cross the south lane,stops...revs it hard some more and gives it hell to the next light.While he's sitting there revving the crap out of that Harley,I rolled up beside him real slow and just looked at him...The Harley went to an idle and he sat there when the light went green til I got through the intersection.......the presence of the Hayabusa shut him down :laugh:

Thats great :)

Back