Red Dawn 2010....WOLVERINES!!!

Too Cool..
One of the reasons my safe is so packed !
That and Terminator...

Great movie I still watch every time its on...

red-dawn-wolverines1.jpg

I remember the first time I saw it.
How I got goosebumps watching parachutes drop out of the American sky....maybe prophetic...?

Whens it coming to a theater near me ?

this movie is gana be cool, the first one was sweet soviets invaid america... cant wait to watch the new one

Afterhours watch what you say about 'Red Dawn' cuz that is a cult classic worshipped by alot of folks with GUNS

You would prolly rather watch Superman....:poke::rofl:

:laugh:
Peace...

Afterhours watch what you say about 'Red Dawn' cuz that is a cult classic worshipped by alot of folks with GUNS

You would prolly rather watch Superman....:poke::rofl:

:laugh:
Peace...

hahah....don't get me wrong, i liked the movie.

but to make a statement like "i hope it lives up to the original".....is kind of ridiculous, because the original was a poorly done teen summer movie, not a great piece of cenematic genius.

Prologue/Opening Narration: Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years... Labor and food riots in Poland. Soviet troops invade... Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras fall... Greens Party gains control of West German Parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil... Mexico plunged into revolution... NATO dissolves. United States stands alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Col. Andy Tanner: [using a crude diorama, the Wolverines prepare for an assault on the Calumet Drive-In, which is now a Russo-Cuban "Re-education Camp"] All right. Four planes. Cuban bunker, Russian bunker. munitions dump, troop tents. Four machine gun bunkers. Back here by the drive-in screen are your political prisoners. We'll cause a diversion over here... cut holes in the wire here, fire on all these machine gun positions. The B-Group comes across this area in a flanking maneuver... and when you reach this bunker, you lay down grazing fire on this defilade. I think that's pretty simple. Anybody got any questions so far?
Aardvark: What's a "flank?"
Toni: What's a "defilade?"
Robert: What's "grazing fire?"
Col. Andy Tanner: [out loud, to himself] I need a drink.

Radio Free America Announcer: It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.
[the Battle Hymn of the Republic begins to play]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Eckert: Boys! Avenge me! Avenge me!

Cinematic Genius.....
......Brings tears to my eyes...

OH! Red Dawn the movie. I thought you were talking about an Ohio-Michigan football game! :laugh:

Thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and look forward to the remake. However, if history is any indication the Ruskies and Red Chinese should look no further than WWII. Throughout history Americans have been most violent and blood thirsty when ticked off and then the most forgiving benefactors.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Isoroku Yamamoto

Thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and look forward to the remake. However, if history is any indication the Ruskies and Red Chinese should look no further than WWII. Throughout history Americans have been most violent and blood thirsty when ticked off and then the most forgiving benefactors.

WWII as an example of American blood thirst and revenge??? Not quite... Soviet Russia gets to take the revenge cake in WWII...If america was the sleeping giant, soviet russia was the raging bear of WWII... when it comes to blood thirsty and revenge, the Soviets have us beat in spades, especially in WWII..

In the first week of Hitlers push towards moscow 150,000 lay dead and dying in soviet russia, more than five months of the battle of somme... When Kiev fell, 600,000 capture russian soldiers...

Starvation was widespread, with Soviet civilians forced to eat dogs - until the dog supply ran out and people were forced to turn to rats, crows and birch bark. In the Ukrainian town of Kharkov, which was administered by the German army, 100,000 people died of starvation and disease.

Soviet Russia's bloody response to near anhiliation is the VERY DEFINITION, of vengence/revenge....By the end of the Siege on Stalingrad, an estimated 1 million troops had died in defense of the city.... In addition a few million more had been captured as POW's

Then begins the Soviet PUSH... an amazing understatement, as the Soviets would cause more 3X the casualties in their push than all of the losses in normandy by the allied invasion...

During the push from stalingrad to when soviet russia reinvaded Berlin, the germans would mass aproximatly 2,400,000 troops dead(germany only lost 3,500,000 the entire war)...

After taking Berlin, the Soviets soldiers would then move on the murdering, slaughtering, raping, and torture of the german people in retaliation to their starving and killing of the people of russia..

All in all, soviet military losses were in the range of 8 million to 11 million troops during wwII...

America would suffer between 200,000 to 400,000 losses in comparison...

Soviet Russia owns the revenge business in WWII...

OH.... and RED DAWN FTW!!!!

If the Soviets had the A-bomb they would have used it on their own people to prevent Germany from invading. Russian commanders were great at shooting their own soldiers if they didn't charge into machine gun fire. They were outstanding with infantry once the enemy ran out of bullets.

The U.S. only took so few comparable losses because we did not get invaded on the mainland. I have no doubt own government will pull all military to protect DC, and nuke millions of citizens if the lower 48 ever get invaded. The only concern they will have is saving their own worthless lying butts!

If the Soviets had the A-bomb they would have used it on their own people to prevent Germany from invading. Russian commanders were great at shooting their own soldiers if they didn't charge into machine gun fire. They were outstanding with infantry once the enemy ran out of bullets.

The U.S. only took so few comparable losses because we did not get invaded on the mainland.

True enough, though the Nazi commanders were known for being just as ruthless on the offensive shooting their own troops for failing, or running..

None the less, you cant use the lack of invasion for lack of deaths (not that im suggesting would should have died more, dear god no) however, the difference in troop losses between the US, UK, France, and Most other allied forces was within a matter of a few thousand total deaths...

the UK losses were around 400,000..

france was significantly less at 220,000...for obvious reasons, they were invaded and out of the war before they could mount much of any long duration offensive. That combined with being the a front in the war is why they lost more civilians than military personal....

Poland about 300,00 lost...

etc. etc. etc.....

in the end US Troop losses were actually right on average for the major players in WWII, if not a little on the high side, given that they were there for a shorter duration than most of the allied armies..

The russians had by far an inordinatly large loss of troops compared to any other allied force...

but back on topic.... Who's going to be Patrick Swazeys character...

Also, for you reall wacky conspiracy nuts....

DID YOU KNOW: Red Dawn came out in 1984(Think george orwell)....

Coincidence, i think not...

Well i dont think we will need guns in Oz.(our military is crap anyway)
They banned our semi auto firearms yers ago so we have little hope of defending ourselves.
That being said.

Land in any other part of this country other than a major populated area and your dead.
If the desert doesnt get ya then it will be either the crocs, snakes or the spiders.
Given that we are 96% the size of the USA mainland with only 13% of the US population
we have a lot of country that will not support life, especially an invading force of large quantity
Any invading nation will most likely run out of fuel before they got here anyway.

Kinda nice to be stuck in middle of nowhere.

Red dawn is one of my all time favourite movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol... what are the stats again.. 7 of the 10 most deadly snakes, 9 of the 10 deadliest spiders.... saltwater crocs...

why do you guys live there again aussie..... besides having Holden vehicles....

must be the koala bears...

Aaron, good stat's and true enough. The Soviets exacted their pound of flesh and we tend to forget the heavy price they paid for their victory in WWII. But don't you think someone would think twice before invading a country where there are 200 million guns in the possession of its private citizens? Ever see "On The Beach"? I think that if any large scale conflict were to occur it would be over in a "flash" and we would all be looking for new homes in Australia or New Zealand...

lol... what are the stats again.. 7 of the 10 most deadly snakes, 9 of the 10 deadliest spiders.... saltwater crocs...

why do you guys live there again aussie..... besides having Holden vehicles....

must be the koala bears...

Don't need bombs and guns, we'll just drop snakey's and spidey's on 'em! :rofl:

Back