Rectifier

islandboi3

Registered
Anyone replaced the rectifier themselves using a relocation bracket made by Adam's Performance or any other dealer????

have always wondered why u guys re-locate the rectifier anyway? Can't really see it at all, is it to protect it more from rocks being thrown up from the tires? Think suzuki put it down there for a reason-good airflow, needs some good flow to keep it cooled down, that's why i haven't even considered moving mine

Don't know, not here to argue, but several Busi that relocated the rectifier under the tail like the Gen I have burned, so be warned.

I'm going on a year and a half and about 7000 miles in South Florida weather and knock on my wooden head it's ok. I relocated mine because the symmetry of having both sides look the same appealed to me. I didn't like how the belly wing came so fat back on the right side and didn't on the left. Alot of other folks have done it because the bike is lowered and or dragged and they don't want to hit it on anything.
The GenI had it's rectifier in it's tail. How many have you heard of failing due to overheating on those? I haven't heard of any probs from GenI owners with theirs other than the occasional one simply failing. What caused that failure is anyone's guess. Suzuki relocated it to under the bike on the GenII for a few reasons I'm sure but addtl reliability is one reason I'd have to read to believe.
Lastly I just had mine replaced due to recall and the dealer serviced it where it is, under the tail relocated. If it was a problem or a familiar cause/reason for concern I think they would have said something. They are a good dealer and I have a great relationship with them.

I relocated mine because the symmetry of having both sides look the same appealed to me. I didn't like how the belly wing came so fat back on the right side and didn't on the left.

There comes a point where attention to detail becomes obsession Blanca, and I think you may be even beyond that and slipped into psychosis.

You need to get help mate, and soon!

Back