Rectifier relocation, and new!

Jake whitebird

Registered
For anyone looking to clean up the fugly underside of a gen 2, along with upgrading to powerhouses new MOSFET style rectifier this is for you....with an adams relocation bracket. You CAN remove the stock rectifier and put
24A7CA1B-DC33-43A4-A87C-ACC1C4BD500C.jpeg
5BA17731-EE7C-4BD4-AEB2-A3C2476842C6.jpeg
B7D28B6A-D99E-4B34-AB86-F2566A140A59.jpeg
16F1BD3E-1173-4ACA-90B0-FC27783BB617.jpeg
A8645EAB-4443-4A57-8262-93C5CD5B1CCC.jpeg
22D33371-D62E-4703-8BD1-4EA72590DFAF.jpeg
it in the tail if you chose to. I did, while this new one was I the mail. Frank is the man, once again.

Thanks, jake. Someday I gotta do this. My 08's still running on the original rectifier.

The MOSFET is supposed to run cooler.

Did you get recommendations for this unit? If it's cooler, does it work as good as the OEM rectifier all around? Is the reason we keep getting recall notices on the rectifier that the stock ones they use are too hot?

You’d have to search the site for info, I was just looking at the relocation first. Then with the recall, and the new threads started on it, I went with it.

I'm not too worried about my rectifier, but may get it replaced this summer. It's the original on a 2008. I think I've just gotten my 6th notice to get it replaced. The only downside to getting it fixed in Olathe Ks. is you must deliver the motorcycle to them before they will even order the replacement. They won't take the recall notice or the VIN # as proof that you are on the recall. My insurance card has the VIN # so they would know it was me. Just makes it inconvenient since I live 30+ miles away and would have to get a ride home, and leave it at the shop until the new one they order is delivered.

Well if it burns up, you’ll be concerned. I wasn’t worried either necessarily, but a recall makes you think about it. Right?

Thanks for the heads up. I've gotten only 1 notice about it and that was actually just recently. Mine's been relocated for past 14k miles, but it may be wise to consider the replacement especially considering we don't have a local dealership.

Just makes it inconvenient since I live 30+ miles away and would have to get a ride home, and leave it at the shop until the new one they order is delivered.
I hope they do it fast because 3 months without a bike would be even more inconvenient.

Back