Rectifier/Regulator relocate project...how to

here a pic

P1010027.jpg

I left my belly pan on when I relocated the rectifier. I also made my own bracket. But for $20 from the net.... much quicker then making it!:thumbsup:

P1010001 1.jpg

P1010028.jpg

This is an update to test results.
So far 1250 miles down the road and the only thing I really notice is my right cheek on me bum is a little warmer........:laugh:
Plastic and inner fender dont seem to be hot or warm just while riding I can feel more heat in the seat.
Anyone else notice same.

This is an update to test results.
So far 1250 miles down the road and the only thing I really notice is my right cheek on me bum is a little warmer........:laugh:
Plastic and inner fender dont seem to be hot or warm just while riding I can feel more heat in the seat.
Anyone else notice same.

Should of helped for the cool ride today...:whistle:

AWSOME write up...Im doing mine tomorow :thumbsup: ....ordered mine couple weeks ago from schnitz...I lowered my bike about 3 or 4 inches,dont actually know how low because when I ordered it from soupys I put them on the way it came and loved the look on how low it was...thanks again!

just to add my 2 cents on this topic. The original busa had the rectifier on the tail as well. except it was on the opposite side. I had 20,000 miles on my bike, and never had an issue with the rectifier. I cannot see the present busa being soo different in electronics design. I would be safe to say there would be no harm in relocating the rectifier. My bike is new new, so I'm waiting for my warranty to expire, then i'll start messing with stuff :laugh:

went out and did mine today,didn't have all the proper tools like wire cutters to get the zip ties that are attached to the frame,and had to saw it off with a saw blade(all I had) lol...a little pissed because after I got it off and looked I scratched the $hit out of the inside of the frame....

rectifier.jpg

by the way,tried to use the bolts that came with it, but the ones that bolted to the rectifier were to short so I had to use the original ones from the bike..adams kit I bought from schnitz..look like someone ground them down

Dozerdriver you are completely wrong , don't know what your talking about and I am great and all knowing....hahahahaha just kidding. I too still am on the fence as far as looks goes. Good thing is other than time wasted and twenty bucks I can put it back the way it was 100%. In a way I didn't like how the belly pan kinda covered the wheel/tire and made the bike look a lot longer , but I did like how it fit . The thing that I didn't like was it was not really symetrical on both sides . Shifter side fairing ended short , brake side fairing was long. I would be interested to see it in a wind tunnel or a computer program that simulates air flow before and after to see what diff it makes to remove the belly pan :whistle:. It does seem like it is rounded off on the front side and aero designed. Now so far I like how it seems to have shortened the bike up visually and made it look lighter. I know it's all really just looks but it's a bike you can't just own it !

I'm not qualified to officially say, but apparently the bellypan does make a difference at top speed. There is a thread here somewhere and I have talked to several people about it. I did alot of reading several places and asked lots of questions. I have a long term goal of 200mph at Maxton (cash restricted for now:laugh:)
If you think about it, it makes sense. Mirrors alone will slow you down, and the bellypan does direct airflow around the rear tire. Again, I'm talkin about a couple mph in the 190s, not 3 seconds and 20mph in the 1/4:laugh:
Bellypan doesn't apply to most folks, but kinda cool that it works, after all, the Busa was wind tunnel tested in development.
Blanca, you seem to be able to dig up anything, find us the actaul specs:thumbsup:

I'm not qualified to officially say, but apparently the bellypan does make a difference at top speed. There is a thread here somewhere and I have talked to several people about it. I did alot of reading several places and asked lots of questions. I have a long term goal of 200mph at Maxton (cash restricted for now:laugh:)
If you think about it, it makes sense. Mirrors alone will slow you down, and the bellypan does direct airflow around the rear tire. Again, I'm talkin about a couple mph in the 190s, not 3 seconds and 20mph in the 1/4:laugh:
Bellypan doesn't apply to most folks, but kinda cool that it works, after all, the Busa was wind tunnel tested in development.
Blanca, you seem to be able to dig up anything, find us the actaul specs:thumbsup:

I would be first to agree and even give you maybe 5mph on top as a loss from no bellypan .
As far as finding specs .
Looked can't find so I'll do you one better.
I plan on running Blanca sometime at one of the LSR events here.
Folks say it's expensive but the last one was only $100 and most all got at least a dozen runs .
I plan on making runs with and without to see diffs in speed and stability .
If with bellypan I make runs consistantly say around 185 and then without run around 180 I'll say it made a diff but if they are all within 2-3mph it will diff to really say as other things can affect you by just a couple mph as well .

nonononononononno NO !
It covers up my Brocks Alien Head too much as well as rear wheel and. I can't have that !

I just like the way it looks without it .
I'm a symmetry kinda guy . I don't like how right side is much diff than left side .
It ain't symmetrical nor does it look right .

I think it was a last minute addition when they realized something after design .
Prolly in order to make it slipstream more during wind tunnel testing they added it to smooth stream out and after that said oh look I bet we can put regulator in this huge void we just created ?
Maybe ?

Back