Rectifier recall notice came today

well you may want take a look here guys
photo-14.jpg

Mine has been getting a little warm lately. I haven't had any charging problems thus far but you never know. I'll call the stealership next week. Thanks for posting it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So essentially they're just now owning up to the fact that they have defective rectifiers...even though the problem has been universally known for over 2 years? Wow...way to be pro-active Suzuki. :poke:

mine went bad with less than 2500 miles, on my second now and havent really had a chance to ride it.

I looked a little more into it and printed off the letter you posted. Guys in service checked it out and the letter is stating that bikes currently at the dealership should not be sold. There is not an "official" service release on how they expect the dealership to address and fix the issue. We should know more by the 25th, hopefully they release more info then

Anyone know what the "affected VIN range" is - would help if we knew what VINs are impacted -

Could this be the reason why many Hayabusa's have difficulty starting after riding it and then trying to restart it when the motor is hot????

So far it only appears to be a stop sale, not A recall on previously sold bikes...

Correct. There is not an actual service update yet. Actually, the service side of Suzuki has not even informed our service guys of any issue, just the sales department.

Anyone know what the "affected VIN range" is - would help if we knew what VINs are impacted -

That information will be available by the end of the month, hopefully...

So, stop selling bikes that are 2 and 3 years old, good of them to jump on the problem as soon as they saw it......(sarcasm off)

Mine has been getting a little warm lately. I haven't had any charging problems thus far but you never know. I'll call the stealership next week. Thanks for posting it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful I think someone here posted theirs caught on fire, I believe it was after he relocated though. Doesn't look fire is even a possible issue in the letter

I wonder if my replacement rectifier will fail before Suzuki get around to a general recall. And the bike is just out of warranty.

the letter that someone posted earlier made mention of the ingnition switch. Is this the same thing or at least what you are talking about. Someone is gonna have to fill me in on this one since I am away. I could have wife take my vin to the dealer but my dealer is shady and I wouldnt want the wife walking in there and them screwing up my bike. ....Again

It seems the ignition problem was a routing of the wiring harness which i'm sure all ours have already be squared away before we bought them. All high compression motors seem to not like restarting when hot, I noticed a lot of performance kits include another battery to solve that problem so I doubt this rectifier problem would affect the starting, only the charging circuit.

Never had any issues with mine put on battery tender if not riding over two weeks. Everyone be patient well know more after 25th. Those with access pls post VINs when available.

Back