Rectifier recall notice came today

gunn4hyr

Registered
Just got a stop sale notice for 08-09 hayabusas apparently Suzuki has a new recall for the rectifier better get in contact with your local dealer asap so you don't end up waiting for parts forever

do you have the recall/bulletin number by chance? thanks for the heads up BTW!

sounds like word about this recall has already spread to a bunch of forums.......way ahead than most dealers (some are not aware of it yet). Gonna give mine a ring tomorrow to check.

holy crap, they finally made it official? please post up the recall number and thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

-A rectifier converts AC current to DC current. The opposite of an inverter.

has anyone encountered any issues with their 08/09 related to this part? explain

-A rectifier converts AC current to DC current. The opposite of an inverter.

has anyone encountered any issues with their 08/09 related to this part? explain

Mine was dead from the start. Drove it off the lot and got about 40 miles and the bike was dead. My wife's 600 did the exact same thing only a year later....a month after the warranty expired.

Mine was dead from the start. Drove it off the lot and got about 40 miles and the bike was dead. My wife's 600 did the exact same thing only a year later....a month after the warranty expired.

The rectifier on my wife's 08 Busa died in the first 299 miles. Actually had issues right off the showroom floor but the dealership took 6 months to figure out what the issue was! Waiting to see the recall bulletin number so I can get my bike fixed!

Interesting, only issue I had was smashing mine on the ground after upgrading to the new shinko tire :laugh: a little stickier than expected lol....but she's still working with a few missing fins though :whistle: I got my 08 in October of 07 and has over 8000 miles, never had an issue.

recall number is 11-15 and parts dont look like they will be available till the 25th

I had the service guys look into new service bulletins and Suzuki is not showing any recalls for the Hayabusa.

I had them run my VIN number and still nothing showed up. Anyway you could scan the letter and post it on here?

Seen lots of complaints here on the Gen II rect. My bike is three years old, no problems, original battery. As soon as you guys find a bulletin post it up.

What was the recall they had for the 08 in 2009?? I know i made sure they did the recall before I took my 08 home in 2009 in Florida.
Posted via Mobile Device

Grrrr, I called Suzuki cust service, they said nothing official yet but there is a stop sale so call back in a week or so and they will run my vin to see if I'm affected. No probs so far least (knock on wood :) )

Back