Recommended tires?

crich65

Registered
I bought my '13 brand new about 3 months ago, and after 2500 miles, the stock rear tire(Bridgestone) is down to the threads in the middle, and that's without absolutely no burnouts. The bike came from the dealer with about 37-38 psi in the front and rear. Too high for the central Florida heat?

So, since I have to replace the set, I thought I would ask to see what the best brand/model tires are for this bike. I consider myself to be a novice sport bike rider at best. I do a few short high speed runs when I ride, but I spend a lot of time learning how to get this thing through the turns. Maybe a dual/triple compound tire?

Thanks in advance.

Sport front tire, a Dunlop Q2 or Q3 is excellent. 36 psi
Sport touring rear tire, a Dunlop Roadsmart or Roadsmart 2. 38 psi, add a lb for a passenger.
The sport front/sport touring rear will wear out front to rear more evenly, as opposed to two rears to one front.
Riding style has Alot to do with it. As an aggressive rider I'm happy to get 2500 to 3k miles out of a set of tires, and sport/sport touring.
Others will get 10k+ out of a set.
Bottom line is that the Busa is a heavy and high hp/tq bike that eats tires.
Welcome to the org.

Oh, I feel so set up anywho :welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Just rode the Dragon and skyway without issue and got 14K on the rear and 15K on the front. Michelin Pilot Road 3's :whistle:

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the quick replies, and the information. It will definitely help me when I go to buy.

Both options make perfect sense. My son has a set of Michelins on his GSXR 750 and loves them. I had Dunlops on my Nightrod Special before I traded up to the Hyabusa and they also held up well.

In addition to the Busa being heavy, I am about 20Lbs overweight, so I guess I better get used to eating up the tires.

Again, thanks for your help.

Back