recommended gasoline gsxr turbo

racingp

Registered
good afternoon,

Let's see who can help me since I'm a mess.

I have a suzuki gsxr1000 with pistons Je 10.1: 1, without intercooler and in its day in bench the preparer sent me a graph that reached 400hp but I imagine that with special gasoline. What I do not know is that gasoline used in its day to not have problems in the engine. Would it be harmful to put 120 octane C16 gasoline with lead or would it have problems with the lambda probe? I have also been looking at the sunoco gt260 gt plus brand, which is unleaded but with 110 octane gasoline. Will this type of petrol, apart from the high price, Is this type of gasoline safe for the engine? thanks

good afternoon,

Let's see who can help me since I'm a mess.

I have a suzuki gsxr1000 with pistons Je 10.1: 1, without intercooler and in its day in bench the preparer sent me a graph that reached 400hp but I imagine that with special gasoline. What I do not know is that gasoline used in its day to not have problems in the engine. Would it be harmful to put 120 octane C16 gasoline with lead or would it have problems with the lambda probe? I have also been looking at the sunoco gt260 gt plus brand, which is unleaded but with 110 octane gasoline. Will this type of petrol, apart from the high price, Is this type of gasoline safe for the engine? thanks

More then likely it’s leaded fuel, probably c16. Leaded fuel fowls plugs and o2 sensors fast. If you’re okay with buying drum fuel should look in to VP x98.

I’ve picked up 40whp just by switching to that fuel on one customers bike.

What about that 110 that is sold at some gas station, like sunco...Imy planning on using c16 on high boost...but will try the 110 for mid boost situations,when I'm out and about...I want something I can get out anytime....my injectors aren't made for e98

Last edited:
I thought c16 was 117 octane...Wonder what they're getting for it now? I'll sure as hell be finding out very soon...ugh..

120 octane. It’s made specially for non Intercooled turbo engines. It’s also 22 a gallon when you buy a 5 gallon pale. 54 gallon drum, it’s $19 a gallon.

The x98 I’ve been messing with is $5 a gallon.

Oh ok...good to know...I would like to have it tuned with e85, a use its easier for me to get,and cheaper

...plus I have a microsquirt,and it has a flex output to go to an e85 sensor

Or I ment pump e85
I'd be careful of anything that came out of a pump especially E-85. You don't know how much water it has in it. Also my understanding is the tolerance on it can go several points one way or another with the amount of ethanol vs. gas. If I used it out of a pump I would be very conservative. One of the reasons VP, Rockett, Ignite, ERC, etc. is so expensive is you get exact mixtures not plus or minus

I did put some sunco 110 in the other day... It's about 5 miles away, and cost $10 gal

Mostly I'm just gonna run 93 pump to 12-15 psi... And maybe just run 110 afew psi higher in boost control.... And run higher boost with C16 after Sumner build up

There's an airport close to me.... It has the 100 octane, at 5$ a gallon...since I'm water to air intercooled maybe that OK.

It's just a small Beur brand off a car.... But I think it's helping,i data logged a quick rn to 10k...it was 60 outside air, and my IAT was 70....but I need to test it on a 90 degree day

FB_IMG_1550523134590.jpg

It's about 6x6...one side intercooler from bmw twin turbo

I don't know how much psi I can run on 93pump...i was hoping for atleat 15...then higher octane gas for 20+....its just how much 98oct,110oct,120oct

Last edited:
Back