recommended breaks for land speed?

I just used Galfer HH pads and stock rotors. Nothing special. Stock pads work well enough. Unless you want to to go super fast.....then not sure if it needs anything more.

I have better brakes on my street bike than my LSR bike.

I want to go for at least 250mph. Would it make a difference if it's for salt or pavement ?

At Bonneville you have forever to slow down. If you are doing mile racing you need to have some form of front brakes. I know a couple guys running at Mojave that only have one disc on the front and they are running 210+. Bill Warner had dual discs on the front and was running oversized discs to boot (330mm?) At Mojave I use EBC HH with stock brakes/braided lines and have plenty of brake. 250 may be a different story.
What are you running that can achieve that speed?

I would think any good set up will do. Steel brake lines. high temp brake fluid. Good rotors and pads. I have been using dp pads for some time and like them. I just put a set of Galpher rotors front and back on last fall. I put steel brake lines on front and back and noticed a definite benefit in feedback.

Stock can get the job done but I'd at least run SS lines and upgraded pads for a little extra security if you want to change them. Depending on the event, you have plenty of room to shutdown...240+ is a different story though on some of these 1-Mile tracks. Which event are you planning to race?

I agree with taking a break from spending money. Been doing it for 3 years and it's getting old on the new bike. But she goes down the track in May weather permitting for some slow speed trials. I want to make sure the break works. Hehe

I agree with taking a break from spending money. Been doing it for 3 years and it's getting old on the new bike. But she goes down the track in May weather permitting for some slow speed trials. I want to make sure the break works. Hehe

plese put up a video of it

First few passes will probably be without bodywork and slow speeds. Need to make sure all the pieces and parts work well on both bike and rider. Me.
But maybe someone will take a vid.

Correct me if im wrong here, you dont breaks,, im mean Brakes till you need to stop.

Back