Recent 2 step with ecu editor?

Jake whitebird

Registered
Searched, found a little bit but maybe more recently guys have been using it. So ecu editor was used to tune my turboed 08, in August. I have not touched the program but I think I’d like to, roughly $200 for the smith interface. My question is, I think, to help launch at the track, 3-5 grand and with turbo spoiled, would 2 step be the ticket? 256hp bike, 67” 6psi. And if ecu editor can fully accommodate my needs, how “tricky” is it gonna be to get in there to activate it, any additional switches, buttons etc? Feel free to tell me if I’ve asked any stupid questions... lol Jake.

I use it but n/a. There are a couple things you need to do to disable the launch/wheelie/acceleration control feature but it works fine. You may be better served by also getting a anti-lag map from your tuner. Disclaimer: I am in no way a turbo expert.

There are tutorials for ECU editor at the website. I can't open them on my mac but I would think that would get your launch feature operating. You may need to wire into the ground of the clutch sensor switch on the perch so the ground to the ECU launch feature is opened (shut off) when the clutch lever is fully released. You may also wish to wire in an ON/OFF switch to disable the launch feature on the fly--you may want to be able to blip higher than your set launch rpm for downshifts when you're not drag racing. This is how the Dynojet Ignition Module's launch rev limiter feature is set up although most don't put in the on off switch--I was told that would work fine, however. Just a couple ideas I picked up from my ZX-14. My busa will be tuned on ECU Editor like yours.

an air shifter works amazing for lowering ets..... just touch the horn button and no time wasted... I took the 2step off of my bike.... just another box to power... there also is such a thing as ecu autoshift.... frank set mine up so it shifts itself... I push a button... launch it... and it shifts itself... but again... it gets complicated.

I push a button... launch it... and it shifts itself... but again... it gets complicated.
We need an ECU Editor tutorial thread right here on the org. I'd love to do it. I think I covered the PC5 Control Center software very thoroughly on my ZX-14 forum. There are enough details to include to do a full writeup, I'm sure. Wouldn't it be nice to have a tutorial to go to to find out exactly how every function of ECU Editor works specifically for the Hayabusa? If there is someone to get tech support from, it could be done in a few weeks. I know there are going to be questions that are not adressed in the existing tutorials on the ECU Editor site.

an air shifter works amazing for lowering ets..... just touch the horn button and no time wasted... I took the 2step off of my bike.... just another box to power... there also is such a thing as ecu autoshift.... frank set mine up so it shifts itself... I push a button... launch it... and it shifts itself... but again... it gets complicated.

I’ve looked into them a little bit can’t really decide which one

We need an ECU Editor tutorial thread right here on the org. I'd love to do it. I think I covered the PC5 Control Center software very thoroughly on my ZX-14 forum. There are enough details to include to do a full writeup, I'm sure. Wouldn't it be nice to have a tutorial to go to to find out exactly how every function of ECU Editor works specifically for the Hayabusa? If there is someone to get tech support from, it could be done in a few weeks. I know there are going to be questions that are not adressed in the existing tutorials on the ECU Editor site.
I don't think ecu editor can do it.. its a setup that used to be sold cy cycle tek... and its gotta be setup a certain way... ask the experts.....

I believe he is referring to autoshift. I'm not aware of a good way to do autoshift in EE. You could use nitrous control (in theory) to do it but then you can't use nitrous control for nitrous. My next concern would be if the dwell time is long enough for the 1-2 shift. An option that does work is the Boost by Smith autoshift.

EE can do two step.

ECU editor does 2 step. I currently use it on my prostreet setup and I make 9-10lbs of boost at the line. Clutch engaged, wide open throttle, dump the clutch and off I go (multistage lockup clutch).
I doubt you're making much if any boost at 3-5 grand RPM. When I raced a different class and 2 step wasn't allowed, I was launching at 7800 rpm (no 2 step) and I was making ~4psi (12lb spring in the gate). Mind you this was with no timing and fueling adjustment at the RPM to intentionally make more boost with no load.

All of it is in the software under the dragtools section. You will see where you can activate your shifter, as well as the 2 step control. Slew rate is another one that you can use as traction control.

With regards to the 2 step, you have to know what you're changing your fuel and timing to where you have the 2 step engaged based on your turbo system, fueling, piston sizing, valving and degreeing of your cams. So it takes a bit of tweeking to get right and isn't just a canned setting with a turbo setup. So yes you can do it yourself with the software and proper tuning.

Back