Recall

Mr. Busa

Registered
not sure if everybody knows this or if it was even posted on this board yet but there is a recall on all year Busa's for the starter clutch.

Safety is the key!  
face7.gif

Please tell us more about this.  I have not heard about it at all...

Thanks
As far as I know, it replaces the stock starter clutch with a new upgraded one. If your bike has trouble starting at any temp this is the part for you. They say it should fire up at the snap of a finger with no hesitation. Even if your bike is not under warranty anymore it is still free of charge. Except maybe labor charges. every dealer is diffrent.  
biggrin.gif

Please tell us more about this.  I have not heard about it at all...

Thanks
As far as I know, it replaces the stock starter clutch with a new upgraded one. If your bike has trouble starting at any temp this is the part for you. They say it should fire up at the snap of a finger with no hesitation. Even if your bike is not under warranty anymore it is still free of charge. Except maybe labor charges. every dealer is diffrent.  
biggrin.gif
There's always a catch. I realize that dealerships are independent, but Suzuki should pick up the labor charge also. But, then again, I'm sure that if you don't have the full knowledge of what's going on, some dealerships will try to 'double-dip' on a service charge (i.e. receive something from Suzuki and then turn around and put the meat to us). This has been a long time nuisance on the Busa, and to add insult to injury...make us pay for it? That just burns my a$$.

Brian

Kerberos,

When you find out what's going on make a thread that will really stand out that will catch everyone's attention...

I just called Suzuki and asked about this. Unless noone is talking there is no recall.

Please post the official language once you find it. Then perhaps the admins could make it one of those threads that stay at the top for a while.

According to Suzuki customer service and my dealer there is no recall for the starter clutch or anyother part on the Hayabusa.

Never heard of the recall. Two months ago my bike cracked the starter clutch case and everything while trying to start it. It took the dealer two months to get everything squared out and replace the started clutch assembly. I had talked to the regional suzuki rep (boston) and he told me that although there were many of these bikes ('02 SE) breaking in the same way, they were just covering the repairs under warranty. BTW, there was another bike at the shop I had mine with the same problem.

my $.02

Back