Recall - Cam Chain Tension Adjuster

jdport

Registered
Have all you owners been getting notices to bring your bikes in? I have one of those dealerships that doesn't seem to care because I found out by accident...brought the bike in for the service bulletin items and was told the bike would have to stay for the cam chain item.

Busa Dude,I didn't receive a recall notice yet but if I do I'm taking my own plastic off so that I know it will be put back together correctly when I put it back on.As for your dealer if they don't care enough how do you know some squid is not going to take your bike out for a high speed run or burn out test.I normal write down the speedo information on the miles it has when I drop the bike off and check it before I leave or pick up the bike unless it is done in 10 minutes like someone else posted.

Does anyone know if your oil will have to be drained for this update/fix?????

Suzuki has recalled all 99 1300's for a new style cam chain adjuster . Already had mine done...took barely 10 minutes....pretty easy fix and parts are already at your respective dealers....

My dealer called today and I just called them. They said they get 1.5 hours to do the cam chain tensioner and it would probably take 1.5 hours for the fuel pump also. Nobody is definitely going to test ride my bike. I was going to do the fuel pump myself but they have the parts and they said you have to take the valve cover off and top dead center and blah blah blah. So they are going to take care of it all monday and I better take it easy until then. No warping :(

What ? 10 min ? They told me 4 hrs when I talk to them this weekend.. Did you get to watch them do it? What do they have to take off to get to it, just curious?

PRANAV it takes more than ten minutes to get the right side panel off the bike, nothing takes ten minutes even sex.

Did your mechanic have a quickie with your bike?

My dealer always take my mileage when i bring it in. THey never drive my bike unless i approve it, which I dont. I always check my mileage when i pick up the bike and always have the same mileage. I tell them I will know much faster than they if the bike is right or not. They understand this concept...............

10 minutes.....that's true...if u know what u r doing ! No body parts need to come off..2 front screws that hold the tank , lift the tank up and u will see the cam tensioner adjuster on the rt hand side of the motor . Did mine on friday before riding down to Del Mar .....400 miles...sounds good , wheelies good .....

PRANAV,THERE'S MORE THAN JUST PULLING THE TANK.EVERYBODY BE SURE AND PULL RIGHT SIDE COVER AND THE TWO SIGHT PLUGS,8mm AND 10mm allen wrench's needed.BY DOING THIS YOU'LL KNOW EVERYTHING IS LINE UP CORRECTLY.

Pranav: So U didnt have to change the rubber tensioner between the camshafts like on the 600/750 ? Good news ( then I will only use 30 minutes on my three Busas...)

why do you have to check timing it you are only taking one tensioner out and putting new one in how can cam timing change ??????
n Boss

Well if you don't rotate motor and simply remove and replace chain can't jump gear gear teeth on there own but if you like is up to you LOL

have to agree with Boss on this one.
But hey, go ahead and pull the other sidecover off just to make it even more timeconsuming :)

My dealer has the new tensioner and will install it today while I wait. He was going to double check with Suzuki to be sure there is not a new guide needed. This means it IS a quick fix. Remove tank and replace the tensioner. The right cover will not have to come off. I will post later today.
Bob

Could someone please e-mail me the service bulletin for the cam tensioner fix as my engine just lunched itself because of it and we haven't received the recall yet.

Again you really don't have to take anything off ! just the 2 front allen bolts that hold the tank down and lift the tank up . If u don't disturb any settings it can be done in 10 - 15 min tops .
Suzuki is paying 0.8 hrs to do it . If your dealer has not got the bulletin they can find it on Suzuki's dealer web site . Only Suzuki dealers have access to it .

DONE 1/2 hour.
hayabusa--Tell your dealer to call his Suzuki rep. My parts were waiting at my dealer when I called on Thursday, but hey did not have the Bulletin and had to call.
Bob

Back