Rebuilding the Busa....Went Down On The Beast....

chowan24

Registered
So I went down.  1st thing I said to my buddy was "Thank God I got that over with....He said I was an a$$hole. HAHA.  Insurance totalled the beast because of $ to repair. No damage at all. Fairing have scratches, tip of exhuast scrathed, bent left rearset. Crazy thing is that is was scrapped in all the right spots that the repair cost is insane.
I can't stand to have anything I own have scrathes so....
Drum roll....Wish list....
Give me a price lets make a deal.

44100-24F00-YHF Tank Assy, Fuel....Fuel Tank
47110-24F80-YHF Cover, Frame.... Sub-Frame
94407-24F80-YHF Cowl Assy, Under.... Fairings
94408-24F80-YHF Cowl Assy, Under.... Fairing
45550-24F10-YHF Box, Seat Tail.... Rear Fairing
Upper fairing mount

Anyone have these let's make a deal....

<!--EDIT|chowan24
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122070422 -->

Hope you're ok. Sounds like you lowsided. What happened? BTW-aren't you the one who posted that the Busa was your first ever motorcycle? Well, she does have a way with stingin' if you're not careful...Do you have pics of the damage?

Glad your alright! Hope you get back into perfect shape!

Glad you're alright! I'm interested in how it happened too.

Feel me in how this insurance situation.

"Insurance totalled the beast because of $ to repair. No damage at all. Fairing have scratches, tip of exhuast scrathed...."

The insurance company totalled it, and there's no damage (except scratches)? I thought when an insurance company totals a vehicle they haul it away and sell it as scrap or whatever. Did you buy it back?

Hope you're ok. Sounds like you lowsided. What happened? BTW-aren't you the one who posted that the Busa was your first ever motorcycle? Well, she does have a way with stingin' if you're not careful...Do you have pics of the damage?
Yup I'm the one First Time Rider First Bike Busa....When I got back to Boston after going down I asked my buddy that was w/ me when I went down could I have done anything differently he said no. I also asked him coulkd it have been the bike he said no, again. Made me feel better. Low speed fall. On a hill....Don't know were I am....not knowing were I was caused the accident I believe....Oh yeah on the top of the hillthe flat part, then all of a sudden i'm going downward and the turn is the shape of a damn U. Hit the brakes she locked up. Tail went to the left got control, but the force took me off the bike. Slid on my Nextel i730....Thank God for the metal backing on the phone. But yeah damage is a joke....

Glad you're alright!  I'm interested in how it happened too.

Feel me in how this insurance situation.  

"Insurance totalled the beast because of $ to repair. No damage at all. Fairing have scratches, tip of exhuast scrathed...."

The insurance company totalled it, and there's no damage (except scratches)?  I thought when an insurance company totals a vehicle they haul it away and sell it as scrap or whatever.  Did you buy it back?
I always wondered how this total thing works also. I'll explain....Condition doesn't mean jack $####. Its about the dollars the insurance company has to spend to get the bike the same exact way as when I or you bought the bike with 0 miles. My damages totaled $7000+. Bike is worth $9880 according to NADA. WHy spend the money? I wouldn't. Your looking at 71% cost to fix the beast. Everyone was astonished also @ the park. One of the guys who is in another bike club is an insurance appraiser and he said he didnt know what the parts cost for my bike but I'll show you what is going to be done. Its a dollar game not condition. My buddies brand new Dodge Magnum was totalled. Driver right hand corner caved in wheel fell off. Give me a break. My other friend in another bike club said that if someone keyed his bike on every fairing could it be possibly totaled and the appraiser told him it depnds on what your parts cost and what the bike is worth. Yes I'm going to buy it back. I'll have a salvage title but who cares i'm not looking to sell it down the road....

If you locked the brakes then there was something you could have done differently... not saying it would have been easy, but experience might have saved you from that one. Of course I could be wrong, you didnt describe the situation with the greatest clarity.

If you locked the brakes then there was something you could have done differently... not saying it would have been easy, but experience might have saved you from that one.  Of course I could be wrong, you didnt describe the situation with the greatest clarity.
Ditto. The part that could be done differently was the riding beyond your capabilities on a road you didn't know. Good luck on the fix and getting going again.
smile.gif

If you locked the brakes then there was something you could have done differently... not saying it would have been easy, but experience might have saved you from that one.  Of course I could be wrong, you didnt describe the situation with the greatest clarity.
Ditto. The part that could be done differently was the riding beyond your capabilities on a road you didn't know. Good luck on the fix and getting going again.
smile.gif
Yeah your right not knowing the road just screwed me. If I would have known the road I would have never gotten to the point of lock up.

Glad to hear you are ok, but damn totalling the bike because of money and not actual damage is insane. What are they asking to buy the bike back, $3K; $7K in damage and $2.9K more for NADA value? That would be a steal. Take the totaled payout, buy the bike back, and still have the cash to replace the parts.
Sorry to hear about the Busa going down, but brake control is part of experience and practice. Glad to hear you're ok and will be up and riding again soon.

yup you did something wrong, and it could have been prevented.

not knowing where ya are... is no excuse.. you drive only as fast as you can see to stop it..

not bashing on you.. just telling ya the way it is.

that and it appears that you target fixated and paniced on the brakes.

just takes seat time man.. don't give up.

hope it didn't kill the seat!

yup you did something wrong, and it could have been prevented.

not knowing where ya are... is no excuse.. you drive only as fast as you can see to stop it..

not bashing on you..  just telling ya the way it is.

that and it appears that you target fixated and paniced on the brakes.

just takes seat time man.. don't give up.

hope it didn't kill the seat!
yup a quick panic attack. Inexperience was the star of the show....Seat is fine I was on my way to get the seat when it happened....

Glad to hear you are ok, but damn totalling the bike because of money and not actual damage is insane. What are they asking to buy the bike back, $3K; $7K in damage and $2.9K more for NADA value? That would be a steal. Take the totaled payout, buy the bike back, and still have the cash to replace the parts.
Sorry to hear about the Busa going down, but brake control is part of experience and practice. Glad to hear you're ok and will be up and riding again soon.
Yeah I'm going to buy it back. I'm waiting on that call now.  The beast is completely rideable. Check by the dealer from head to toe w/no problems at all just scars. Anxious to hear the dollar amount they come up with....

<!--EDIT|chowan24
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122138860 -->

So I went down.  1st thing I said to my buddy was "Thank God I got that over with....He said I was an a$$hole. HAHA.  Insurance totalled the beast because of $ to repair. No damage at all. Fairing have scratches, tip of exhuast scrathed, bent left rearset. Crazy thing is that is was scrapped in all the right spots that the repair cost is insane.
I can't stand to have anything I own have scrathes so....
Drum roll....Wish list....
Give me a price lets make a deal.

44100-24F00-YHF Tank Assy, Fuel....Fuel Tank
47110-24F80-YHF Cover, Frame.... Sub-Frame
94407-24F80-YHF Cowl Assy, Under.... Fairings
94408-24F80-YHF Cowl Assy, Under.... Fairing
45550-24F10-YHF Box, Seat Tail.... Rear Fairing
Upper fairing mount

Anyone have these let's make a deal....
Sell me your old stuff. Name your price.

+1

Yeah I'm going to buy it back. I'm waiting on that call now.  The beast is completely rideable. Check by the dealer from head to toe w/no problems at all just scars. Anxious to hear the dollar amount they come up with....
You can get all of that stuff on Ebay in a few weeks of looking for less that $1000. Or you can buy a complete fairing set from someone on Ebay for around $1500-2400. The rest of the stuff is just menial... I have a guy in New Harmony, Utah/ San Diego and another in Las Vegas that should be able to supply you with everything you need to get your Busa back up to speed. I'll float you his number when I come across it.

Back