Reasons for not stretching

I don't see the point, if Rickey Gadson can run high 9's with a stock 600 without being stretched. I say save that money and attend his quarter mile school. I would stretch my bike if I do this for a living, or a seperate bike just for that purpose.

Don't believe everything you read???

If you are not at the track often and do a lot of street riding then it may not be for you. I hate the look of a SWB Busa but that is me. I raced mine for a bit SWB and it made me a better overall rider; when I did extend the bike I did not drop nearly as much ET as I thought I would with a stock motor...........Added N20 and it was another story :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Last edited:
Show me a SWB Busa going 8.0s in the 1/4 or under 5.20s in the 1/8th. :laugh: That's the reason I stretched my bike:poke:

Reasons Not to stretch

#1..... Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle:

#2..... And :whistle:

#3..... Dont forget about :whistle:

#4..... Most importantly :whistle:

Show me a SWB Busa going 8.0s in the 1/4 or under 5.20s in the 1/8th. :laugh: That's the reason I stretched my bike:poke:

hi mate the reason for not streching abike is dont need to make up for rider ability if u cant do it with out aids you cant do it at all. my mte has got low 1.6 even couple of high 5s 8.9 et swb na we going for the same thing with 3bikes first 1299 swb into the 8s.

hi mate the reason for not streching abike is dont need to make up for rider ability if u cant do it with out aids you cant do it at all. my mte has got low 1.6 even couple of high 5s 8.9 et swb na we going for the same thing with 3bikes first 1299 swb into the 8s.

Yeah... what a bunch of *******...

Eric-Teboul-3.jpg

bike04.jpg

I have noticed that some members have stated that they dont want to stretch their bikes. I am curious to learn some of the negatives that come from stretching. I understand the benefits that you get from it. But if you are a part time drag racer(or even occasional), What are some of the reasons that you decide not to do it. Im not looking for a debate on wether or not to stretch. Just curious as to the cons. or even the reason that made YOU decide not to. ie. you dont like the looks or maybe it hurts the performance on the twisties. ...Just trying to get some insite because I am considering doing it. ???

Most dealerships wont take it on a trade in if streched

only 3" over and no real difference in handling.

Do they have corners where you live ?......... JOKE !!!

Stock is on the long side,
I've owned bikes with arm's up to +6,
I always had 2 chains to run "short" on the street and long on the strip.
I'd hate to go out playing with even a +3.

I'd be happy to go -1" in the arm and give the rear a +1" lift.

Good taste - that's the main reason to not screw up a classic design.

If you want to drag race a Busa, by all means mod it.

If you want to pose on the street....well....:whistle:

Good taste - that's the main reason to not screw up a classic design.

If you want to drag race a Busa, by all means mod it.

If you want to pose on the street....well....:whistle:

So stretching is all about posing if you don't drag race?

If you don't drag race it seems pointless to me. I tried going with 3" extension on the salt and all it improved was wheel spin! Lots more of it than stock wheel base. Went right back to stock and immediately regained traction. Course asphalt is different but helping with launch and straight line stability are the only NON bling reasons to do it. If you're a street rider the reasons NOT to stretch are many, from the cornering to the added expense of longer chain, chain gaurd, stiffer spring, etc.

My arm is 0-6 set at 4, just enough to bring the rear rim to the end of the cowl, I don't have any problems keeping up with the others on group rides, me personally I hate to see a SWB bike, again JMO! To each there own!

:beerchug::beerchug: hi Tony nitrous are you racing a swb bike at the moment if so hows your times im from syd been learnig to race for about 1 1/2 years.

2208092040%20-%20Street%20Meet%20-%20Race%20For%20Real.jpg

:beerchug::beerchug: hi Tony nitrous are you racing a swb bike at the moment

Yes, but not seriously.

I do my own thing.
I like to race in FULL street spec, as I would be on a Sunday ride
around the mountains chasing GSXR/R1's etc.
Full height back and front, 40 psi tyres, short arm, no burnout.

I run regular 10.3's on both my Busa and B-King which isnt great but still
makes for an interesting run, wheelspin and wheelies are common.
I KNOW i can run quicker with a few mod's but so does everyone else.
I enjoy fighting a true streetbike on the strip, not a long dragbike on the road.

Have raced a NOS Bandit and a long-arm Kat in the UK,
im looking into turning one of my bikes into a race-only bike at the end
of the year, I might take things a little more seriously again then.

hi again Tony yeh thats what i try to do so far only done wed nights the odd friday night .stock height stok pipes best 9.991 with exaust strap lowered 1 1/2 air shifter 9.788 2nd time out @ 148 mph then the box broke.best 60ft
1.698. while that getting fixed i run my zx7r couple of mods.same 60 & beat it last wed included chopping it in first stillgot 1.684, best 10.696.

Gee I shortened my chain to bring it in 1" for the handling made a hell of a diff - rides like a sports bike noiw - cant notice 4" over??? you cant be riding hard in corners :)

Dude....................I simply said you will not get a short bike in the low 8s and you come at me as though I can't ride a short bike.:moon: I only ride hand clutch bikes no sliders or lockups and 60ft in the mid 1.3s. To be honest a 1.3 60 ft sucks........because I've got really close friends who will 1.2 60 ft a properly setup bike on motor:poke: I do believe your claim about SWB bikes going 5s in the 1/8 just go on youtube that might be big stuff in Australia. 5s in the 1/8 on a SWB are old news in the states.:whistle: That's nothing for a properly tuned short bike with a light rider.

lets start again: thats what you wrote, to run an 8 uneed high 3.8-4.3 in330
so 5.2s in an 1/8 what are you talking about im talking about th 60ft 1.6 1.5 wrong again here theirs a select few or1 Iknow of 8.974@157mph swb so
why strech it. what times are u doing with all that? this bike would land 4th in your time slips my kawa 750 is under 3 tenths off'

Last edited:
Back