rearsets

davsbusa

Registered
First off I've had the bike for about 5000 miles. I've done the buell peg mod, and it does help. I just keep thinking that moving the feet back will almost be perfect. I'm about 5'9" and would appreciate any input. BTW my typing may be off a bit, I just had rotator cuff surgery and can't use my right arm that well yet.

So do you think that rearsets would help, and if so which brand would you recommend. Thanks in advance.

I recommend Vortex's set , here is mine ,

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I am also 5'9" and I went with Gilles rearsets. They move the pegs back and up. Much better riding position. More aggresive, but makes the bike feel much more agile because your legs can grip the tank better. This gives you better leverage when leaning into a turn. The shifting also benefits with very precise shifts. No slop. I woul never go back to stock.
biggrin.gif

What I wanna know is why they cost sooooooooooooooo much?
pissed.gif

probably all the intricate machining involved in them.

good question davsbusa!!!!

anyone got pics?

i'm lookin for somethin not too expensive. i want to move the toe peg on the shifter closer.

thanks all!!!

Between , if you go with Vortex , you need Pressure Switch for Activating Brake Light , it's about $17 .

rant.gif
rant.gif

Added gilles to mine couple of weeks ago....had to move them the following day to bolt on Yoshi cans.....the allen head bolts provided seemed to made out of butter.....ended up having to drill them out and replace them with better qulaity fittings... So if ya get them...add some copper grease before torqing them up....

rant.gif

Back