Rearsets question

Burger King

breakin' the law
Donating Member
Registered
I’m looking at the OSF rearsets that they are selling on fleabay for $240 + shipping but they do not make a provision for the rear brake light switch.
For those that have installed rearsets that do not have a provision for the rear brake light switch, how did you hook it up or did you leave it disconnected?
I would like to have mine connected for safety reasons though I hardly use the rear brake except on wet pavements or loose gravel.

I'm pretty sure you have to buy a new switch. At least with most rearsets. Maybe somebody with definitive knowledge will set you straight.

no switch, no light unless you get seriously creative.

Let us know what you come up with.

There are switches the replace your banjo bolt.

Ping Charles @ Street and Track, I believe he stocks them.
brakeswitch.jpg

Hey, GregB, not to sound like the expert or a know it all, but I've owned a bunch of bikes and on some, actually disconnected the rear brakelight switch. I also am going to put rearsets on my Hayabusa for comfort and am glad to know I can scrub off some speed without signaling people behind me. As all the hi performance schools teach, 95% of braking should be front anyway. I just like the addl ability to slow a little and not broadcast it (police cars, etc.).

Maybe this- -> Goodridge In-line Brake Line Pressure Switch - Single Banjo - Zinc

Enables the function of your brake/tail light when using your rear brake and racing rear sets that do not have a mount for your rear brake light switch.

Comes complete with zinc plated single line banjo bolt and wire connectors.

Available in 1.0 mm or 1.25 mm thread pitches. Most Japanese bikes use 1.25 mm.

Install in minutes!!! Connect to your rear brake master cylinder without the need for additional wire.Linky

Vortex Makes them also, but I think it's more for their rearsets. Linky 2

(raydog @ Oct. 18 2006,20:39) Hey, GregB, not to sound like the expert or a know it all, but  I've owned a bunch of bikes and on some, actually disconnected the rear brakelight switch. I also am going to put rearsets on my Hayabusa for comfort and am glad to know I can scrub off some speed without signaling people behind me. As all the hi performance schools teach, 95% of braking should be front anyway. I just like the addl ability to slow a little and not broadcast it (police cars, etc.).
just an FYI, that wont pass inspection in most states.

Spend the few extra dollars and be safe.

(AzBooSa @ Oct. 18 2006,20:41) Maybe this- -> Goodridge In-line Brake Line Pressure Switch - Single Banjo - Zinc

Enables the function of your brake/tail light when using your rear brake and racing rear sets that do not have a mount for your rear brake light switch.

Comes complete with zinc plated single line banjo bolt and wire connectors.

Available in 1.0 mm or 1.25 mm thread pitches. Most Japanese bikes use 1.25 mm.

Install in minutes!!! Connect to your rear brake master cylinder without the need for additional wire.Linky

Vortex Makes them also, but I think it's more for their rearsets. Linky 2
Thanks for all the responses!

I never even knew there was such a thing as the pressure switch.

That would be what I would be looking for.
beerchug.gif

No Prob.
beerchug.gif
- The links were just for reference may I suggest you try our site sponsor Streetn Track if you plan on buying, I should have checked myself before directing you. As you can see they have them in stock!
super.gif

Back