Rear Wheel Chattering

Have you tried tightening the compression and rebound adjustments on the shock? Does the air shock have those adjustments?
The air suspension is bleed feed system meaning u can raise the bike up /down and then rebound it to make your ride hard or soft depending how much rebound u want..

Sounds like you want the air suspension back on the most , well I would try to find a softer setting , so would you find around the height you want first , go a bit higher then back it of to reduce the air tension and in turn bring the height down to where you want ? You may find it is a vague suspension , ideally suited to show or cruisers that don't full throttle in higher gears ? Don't know if thats the case .

Sounds like you want the air suspension back on the most , well I would try to find a softer setting , so would you find around the height you want first , go a bit higher then back it of to reduce the air tension and in turn bring the height down to where you want ? You may find it is a vague suspension , ideally suited to show or cruisers that don't full throttle in higher gears ? Don't know if thats the case

When you do that clutch in and throttle off (coast sort of ) , have you gone over some bumps to see if the suspension fights the bump and compression or gives in and compresses . Thats what you got to do to see what the rear is doing off power perhaps .

When you do that clutch in and throttle off (coast sort of ) , have you gone over some bumps to see if the suspension fights the bump and compression or gives in and compresses . Thats what you got to do to see what the rear is doing off power perhaps .
Haven't tried that but will try that

I looked at the video again a couple times with the sound way up and I get it now. But I think we all may have missed the obvious? Looks like you are on a road course with a lowered OSD 330 kit? What you are doing with the bike is pretty extreme for a big tire and air suspension IMHO. It could very well be that you are feeding back a lot of torque into the slipper clutch with the OSD and momentum of that heavy wheel. Does the bike do this in regular street riding too? What were you doing when you first noticed this and was that unusual (like running on a road course)?

sounds like fallenarch has identified the problem.... until next time orgsters ... Keeps your saddles greased and your guns oiled.

I looked at the video again a couple times with the sound way up and I get it now. But I think we all may have missed the obvious? Looks like you are on a road course with a lowered OSD 330 kit? What you are doing with the bike is pretty extreme for a big tire and air suspension IMHO. It could very well be that you are feeding back a lot of torque into the slipper clutch with the OSD and momentum of that heavy wheel. Does the bike do this in regular street riding too? What were you doing when you first noticed this and was that unusual (like running on a road course)?

wide tire kits always seem to be finiky.. don't they?

Yeah , I am starting to think so . Personally , for a long time I could not understand why someone would build them , but I have come around to thinking that such a bike type might be an excellent cruiser hot rod or something along those lines . I still do , but maybe I might not go that huge on the back if I was to do one . Those youtube vids of the two Busa naked streetfighters , 240bhp or something smoking the tire on a great backroad , really like those bikes for maybe my next cruiser Busa . Still keeping my L2 as street / hills bike classic for good , but some thoughts on this type is on my mind for my other next bike . Got some custom triple clamps made 5 ish years ago and recently got them back from my mate for good price , basically for a complete gen 2 front end to go on streetfighter 90-92 GSXR1100 , by Munz Machine , his very last set he ever made , and he sort of went crazy on these , wasn't really exactly my style or what I wanted , but the work he put in is amazing , for very reasonable money , well I am converting them back to full Busa fitment soon . So this will be the naked front end with the black bottom FGRT208 pictured in my media . Will post a quick pic in media shortly of it , not yet modded . Anyway , everything is just slowly accumulating for now .

Back