Rear Wheel Chattering

I looked at the video again a couple times with the sound way up and I get it now. But I think we all may have missed the obvious? Looks like you are on a road course with a lowered OSD 330 kit? What you are doing with the bike is pretty extreme for a big tire and air suspension IMHO. It could very well be that you are feeding back a lot of torque into the slipper clutch with the OSD and momentum of that heavy wheel. Does the bike do this in regular street riding too? What were you doing when you first noticed this and was that unusual (like running on a road course)?
The video is not me or my bike this is best example I can give as to what is happening. What u hear in the video is what I'm getting just driving motorcycle down a normal street.

I think we have found our problem.Looks like we have bearings missing in the swing arm. Tried to up load the video to show the problem be it will not upload. Thanks you all for all of yall help, and ill keep u all posted once we get parts in from roaring toys and we put everything back together.

Last edited:
I think we have found our problem.Looks like we have bearings missing in the swing arm. Tried to up load the video to show the problem be it will not upload. Thanks you all for all of yall help, and ill keep u all posted once we get parts in from roaring toys and we put everything back together.
:thumbsup:

Did you ever get the issue resolved? I have the same setup from roaring toyz and get the same shaking at 120mph. Pics of your solution would be great!

Did you ever get the issue resolved? I have the same setup from roaring toyz and get the same shaking at 120mph. Pics of your solution would be great!

No from what i heard is Roaring toyz will not admit to issue but from my understanding is you have to pull in the clutch in when slowing down from high speeds.

It sounds like it is chatering / bouncing while the load transfers to the front end ,
That was my thought. You are sort of running it hard there so I'm not too surprised to see something like that. If you could do that before without having rear wheel hop, something has changed. Did you soften the front suspensions? I don't think the gen1 has a slipper clutch but if it does, it seems like it's not working.

Is your rear brake dragging?

Also the first clip shows your gear indicator jumping 5th to 2nd to 4th??? IDK if that is related somehow but seems peculiar.

do u have a stock wheel and swingarm? might wanna put it on and make sure nothing is damaged in the gearbox?

That was my thought. You are sort of running it hard there so I'm not too surprised to see something like that. If you could do that before without having rear wheel hop, something has changed. Did you soften the front suspensions? I don't think the gen1 has a slipper clutch but if it does, it seems like it's not working.
That not me that an example video on what im experiencing

Soften it n tighten

Soften it n tighten
Soften meaning less preload. If you have less front preload, the front will pitch forward transferring more weight to the front/less to back, especially when you brake or engine brake. I had this happen track riding and I mostly was engine braking. Low tire pressure helped a lot but I do not know if you want to do that for street riding especially if this did not happen before. Compression and rebound dampings could be contributing factors too. I take it you tried softening and tightening.

I think we have found our problem.Looks like we have bearings missing in the swing arm.
:thumbsup:

Back