Rear wheel bearings and spacers?

gkperformance

Registered
I want to replace everything back there when I put my new chain and sprockets on. Does anybody sell a kit with the bearings,seals,spacers, and basicly any other things that need to be replaced. I can find them through the oem parts places but they are very expensive buying it piece by piece and it just seems like there would be a kit out there with everything in it. I have done alot of research and have found like the bearings and seal kit but not everything. Thanks in advance if anybody know if and if so where they can be found. Also looking for aftermarket cush drive, but all i see is for 08 and up and mine is a 2001. Thanks again!

For the cush drive, check with Boostbysmith or Schnitz Racing. They both make an after market drive.

I know schnitz racing sells a kit that has all the bearings, oem or ceramics. Not sure if the sponsors do or not but i saw that recently

Thanks for the replys, I will follow those leads and see if I can find anything. And karnage the reason I want new spacers is because I took it apart back in the summer because the bike just had god awfull chain noise and I have owned a few bikes and knew something was up. Well when I went to put it back together I had to tighten the nut as tight as i poss could with a big prybar to take up the side to side slack in the back tire. Long story short(sorry guys) I bought the bike from my cousin and he had the chain replaced at this supposed to be great shop in this area and told him that was the chain he needed. come to find out my noise was because they put an all out drag race chain on a street bike that clearly said after cleaning the chain and getting the numbers off it "for off road use only" heck between the two of us we has put almost 4000 miles on that chain, so I want to make sure everything is put back together correctly is why I wanted everything. If I could get the diminsions on the spacers i would just make me some because thats what I do. Thanks for reading this book lol if you did

Thanks for the replys, I will follow those leads and see if I can find anything. And karnage the reason I want new spacers is because I took it apart back in the summer because the bike just had god awfull chain noise and I have owned a few bikes and knew something was up. Well when I went to put it back together I had to tighten the nut as tight as i poss could with a big prybar to take up the side to side slack in the back tire. Long story short(sorry guys) I bought the bike from my cousin and he had the chain replaced at this supposed to be great shop in this area and told him that was the chain he needed. come to find out my noise was because they put an all out drag race chain on a street bike that clearly said after cleaning the chain and getting the numbers off it "for off road use only" heck by the between the two of us we has put almost 4000 miles on that chain, so I want to make sure everything is put back together correctly is why I wanted everything. If I could get the diminsions on the spacers i would just make me some because thats what I do. Thanks for reading this book lol if you did
It's like replacing your wheel every time you change a tire. It's not necessary.

I want to replace everything back there when I put my new chain and sprockets on. Does anybody sell a kit with the bearings,seals,spacers, and basicly any other things that need to be replaced. I can find them through the oem parts places but they are very expensive buying it piece by piece and it just seems like there would be a kit out there with everything in it. I have done alot of research and have found like the bearings and seal kit but not everything. Thanks in advance if anybody know if and if so where they can be found. Also looking for aftermarket cush drive, but all i see is for 08 and up and mine is a 2001. Thanks again!

dont know of a kit that comes with the rear spacers included.

the reason youre finding kits with bearing and seals only is because the spacers are a non-wear item. if you want them you will have to buy them seperately.

find the cush drive here:
KPS CUSH DRIVE KITS

Thanks for the replys, I will follow those leads and see if I can find anything. And karnage the reason I want new spacers is because I took it apart back in the summer because the bike just had god awfull chain noise and I have owned a few bikes and knew something was up. Well when I went to put it back together I had to tighten the nut as tight as i poss could with a big prybar to take up the side to side slack in the back tire. Long story short(sorry guys) I bought the bike from my cousin and he had the chain replaced at this supposed to be great shop in this area and told him that was the chain he needed. come to find out my noise was because they put an all out drag race chain on a street bike that clearly said after cleaning the chain and getting the numbers off it "for off road use only" heck between the two of us we has put almost 4000 miles on that chain, so I want to make sure everything is put back together correctly is why I wanted everything. If I could get the diminsions on the spacers i would just make me some because thats what I do. Thanks for reading this book lol if you did

when you say drag race chain do you mean a non-ring chain? ive ran a NON-oring chain for 2 years now with no problems. as long as its a 530 chain i dont think it caused the problem unless you didnt keep it oiled. they will get to "roaring" pretty good if they arent oiled. but still that shouldnt hurt the spacers.

anyhow like i said in my above post. the spacers are seperate.

Like I said, spacers should be fine.I can sell you my stock spacers from my stock swingarm but see no use in replacing them unless they are worn or cracked.If you had to tighten the nut with a cheater bar, something else is wrong or not lined up right.Always look at the obvious.

Im not saying the chain is what made the spacers look like they do. They just looked awful when I took the rear wheal off last year like the had spun like the spacing was off or nut not tightened down to proper spec or something. They just did not look like I thought they should is the only reason I was wanting to get another set just to make sure. And yes its a non o-ring chain and you are correct when it is fresh oiled it sounds a ton better. If you guys think it will be ok to run that chain and keep it lubed and adjusted that would make me feel great because maybe I could make it through the season anyway. Im just way short on cash and if I was going to replace the chain and sprockets I was just going to do bearings and seals and the whole nine while i had it apart. karnage, if you would sell me those that would make me happy because mine were deff worn. How would you like for me to contact you? Thanks for the replys!

if you keep the chain oiled and lubed i dont think youll have any problems. i havent with mine anyway. what brand is it?

Thats what I have been doing since I figured out what was going on. It has just stretched alot on me and people are always talking about breaking chains so I was kinda worried. I have no choice right now as my funds are not where they need to be. I cant remember what brand and which chain it is because I looked that up last year. I just know it was something crazy like 15,000 tinsle strength and it just said on there web site not for street use? I do know one thing i was new to the hayabusa until last year and my cousin owned the bike before me and he put about 2000 miles on that chain and before i knew i had put another 3 to 4 k on it lol without oiling it. I lube it every time I fill up now and have just been being easy on it. Thanks again for the reply's!

Sorry, its been a while but it is a ek530 drz2. I have read all kind of storys on here about breaking chains and making sure you rivet them and all that and I was checking the numbers on it again and cleaning/oiling it. Guess what it is put together with a clip lol. Oh well I guess it aint that important to a fairly stock bike that the chain was ridden on for thousands of miles before I bought it and I have put around three thousand more on it? Bad thing is my cousin had this done at our local dealership, and they told him nothing about oiling it or anything. Sad. Thats why I will park mine if I cant fix it or find someone other than my local dealer if it comes to that. Thanks for reading!

Sorry, its been a while but it is a ek530 drz2. I have read all kind of storys on here about breaking chains and making sure you rivet them and all that and I was checking the numbers on it again and cleaning/oiling it. Guess what it is put together with a clip lol. Oh well I guess it aint that important to a fairly stock bike that the chain was ridden on for thousands of miles before I bought it and I have put around three thousand more on it? Bad thing is my cousin had this done at our local dealership, and they told him nothing about oiling it or anything. Sad. Thats why I will park mine if I cant fix it or find someone other than my local dealer if it comes to that. Thanks for reading!

Thats a good strong chain, just not a sealed o-ring chain, ran one on mine for quite some time before i went to a ZZZ, as long as you keep it clean and lubed should be alright they just arent ideal cause the road crap can get into em. I ran mine with a clip for about 2years and it was fine

Yea, now that im a little more edumacated on chains im not that scared anymore. It used to stretch a good bit but that was before I found out the deal, thanks to the org! Now that I have kept it cleaned and oiled it has been ok. I want the supersprox is it and the zzz chain just dont have the coin right now. Just cant make up my mind to gear it diff when I do change it out. I prob will though because I dont do much over about 140 or so and that is very rare. I think it would be nice to maybe go down one in the front and up two or three in the back:laugh:

Back