Rear Wheel Axle/Nut

drgnrcr

Registered
Last Shop I sent my busa to installed this backwards (nut is on left side).

Will this be a serious Imma die today issue, or something that can be/should be resolved reasonably?

Or does it not matter?

I apparently have ridden on it about 2K miles HARD and just noticed it.

I have already peed myself... :laugh:

Interesting issue but I don't see why it would matter. If it were me I would just keep an eye on it. On the other hand it would only take 10 minutes to fix it. One trick is to get some sort of bar a push the axle out. This way the bar holds all the brakes and stuff in place and you can just slip the axle in through the other side.

It should not matter (you are talking exhausts so I assume is the rear?, I am thinking the front would not allow you to install backwards and would not attempt it.)

Some of us install them in the opposite direction on purpose (Gen II) to allow a quicker sprocket change without entirely having to remove the wheel.

Mine has been installed backwards for a couple years now.

Lot's of people swap them. Frankly I think it's engineered to be on the RH Side (for right handed people), nothing more.

And a bearing seizing up would not affect it, since the axle is captured in the adjuster blocks and cannot turn.

It hurts nothing, just leave it

It's on the right because by design, as the wheel spins, it tightens (think righty tighty) and if its on the left it could (theoretically) loosen (now think lefty loosen).

However, in lieu of all of your responses, i do believe I will be fine for the moment. When I get back from Big Bear, I will have the shop just reverse it for me. I feel more comfortable sticking to it's intended design. Should I change it in the future for whatever reason (exhaust, Sprocket, etc) I'll add a cotter pin to it for redundancy).

Thanks all; I really didn't want my bike down this weekend.

Back