Rear Wheel Alignment

BadWeather

Registered
Has anyone that has had there rear wheel off checked the accuracy of the swingarm alignment marks against the string method or swing arm pivot point method to see if they are accurate for re-aligning the rear wheel to the front wheel.

I checked mine with a race caliper. I didn't measure the difference, but they are more than close enough for me. I was really surprised about that, I figured they would be waaaay off.

Tire gauge...
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Dial caliper for me, as well. Always.

As long as the swingarm lengths are equal, this will always be dead-nuts accurate.

Dial caliper eh. I don't have one so I guess that must be why I never thought of it.
whistling.gif

I'm gonna have to make a trip to Harbour Frieght I see.
Are you measuring it from the back edge of the swingarm to some point on the adjuster block or from the front where the adjuster bolt goes in to the block?

I'm glad you brought that up because on the new busa the axle adjuster's are not in the middle of the swingarm which is messed up. I know you can take a measurement from the swingarm mounting bolt that goes through the frame. I have both dial and digital calipers but I don't know the best place to measure it from, we need imput from Warchild....
bowdown.gif

Dial caliper eh. I don't have one so I guess that must be why I never thought of it.
whistling.gif

Are you measuring it from the back edge of the swingarm to some point on the adjuster block or from the front where the adjuster bolt goes in to the block?
These look to be on sale for cheap.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47257

Don't know if I would trust HF stuff for great accuracy but should work for this.

whistling.gif

These look to be on sale for cheap.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47257

Don't know if I would trust HF stuff for great accuracy but should work for this.
The one from harbor freight will be fine for that. All your trying to do is get them the same on both sides.

I paid $400.00 for gilles chain adjusters but, I still wasn't confident.
I bought a digital caliper for $10. bucks from Canadian Tire.

I'm much happier with that.

Looks like I'm due for a chain, and rear sprocket.

Gillies.jpg

Back