Rear Turn Signal's

Busa04

Registered
I recently installed a set of Shock Racing Mini Led's rear turn signals on my 04 Busa, they look great but my only problem is that now they flash faster than they used to.Is this something that would cause a problem (i.e. melting my harness) or is there something i can do to fix it.

Thanks Joey

<!--EDIT|Busa04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095294647 -->

All the rain you are getting down there must have caused a disturbance in the force.  That's why the turn signals are blinking so fast!  
biggrin.gif
  If you do a search of the posts there was one a couple days ago that talked about the same thing.  Here it is: <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=17233">LEDs Blinking too Fast<a>. The LEDs (and other aftermarket turn signals) don't draw the same amperage as the stock ones.  You can put a resistor in line with the signals to adjust the blink rate if it bothers you.  Because LEDs don't use as much power as stock signals they should not cause any problems, but you may want to post a pic so that everyone can see them and see how they are mounted.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095322397 -->

Thanks for the info, it was helpful....here are a few pics of the mod .. basically i cut the fender flush ,added a targa universal bracket and shock racing mini amber lights.

DSC00461.JPG

Looks nice. Is that a set of Yosh exhaust cans that you've got?

Joey. You have to change out your flasher unit. Cut the two wires going into the fuse box and put in a flasher like mine. Remember the one I taped up that night at WalMart in Biloxi when I was having tail light problems! That'll fix ya! C ya tomorrow at work.

Yes,lol, I had the bike in the kitchen working on the taillight mod during the hurricane, and yes those are yosh exhaust cans.

Hey Busa04, I could have saved you a little money. I cut my fender just below the mounting bracket and then removed the rear reflectors, cut a hole in the reflector brackets using a 3/8ths bit, then mounted my lights there. Here's a pic...

Vicious.JPG

I changed my rear turn signal too and had the some "blinking too fast" problem, although I really don't think that is a problem...

2004_10_12_028.jpg

nice pics. i have the blinkers sitting at home right now. not sure they are the same model, but now i have a basic idea what my will look like on my bike.

S7R4NGER, the blinking too fast condition is because the led load is less than regular bulb lights,it wont harm the bike electrical system,i left mine like that because it seems to be visible to other drivers blinking fast

Joey

Busa 04, how would you rate their brightness?

I ask cause I am looking for a signal solution but I keep seeing these meek, barely visible in the daytime indicators that are all but useless accept in the dark and that's just not a good idea. Basically I have seen way too many aftermarket options that just suck when it comes to function...

I like the look of these though, very clean install.. Very Simple...
thumbs-up.gif

Rev, the ones from shock racing like i have use super bright led's and i was told from the other riders in the group on our last day ride that they were very visible (it was a sunny day) a little tweaking to adjust them, but they are brighter than a lot of them i have seen on bikes and on the market.

Joey

Rev, the ones from shock racing like i have use super bright led's and i was told from the other riders in the group on our last day ride that they were very visible (it was a sunny day) a little tweaking to adjust them, but they are brighter than a lot of them i have seen on bikes and on the market.

Joey
Shock Racing... Cool Man Thanks, I'll have to check them out..

Back