Rear turn signal intergration

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Before the board crash there was a thread about intergrating the rear turn signals in order to have a more streamlined bike... plus it just looks cooler
wink.gif

Somebody mentioned using Uhaul 3 - 2 converter. Supposed to work the same way as the 80$ you can get thru ebay/many websites.

The only difference being the prices.. 80$,, ,or 20$ for the Uhaul.

Is there any reason the uhaul deal shouldn't work just fine on the 'busa?

Cool.. I couldn't see any reason it shouldn't work..  just wanted somebody that had done it to tell me I had my thinking straight.

Thanks

It allows you to remove the rear turn signals.
It blinks the two light bulbs inside of your tail light lens for turning.
I have LED bulbs in my rear and I heard that I can't use an integrator with them.
Anyone ever done it?

Thanks

It's called the "Intergrator" and it works a lot better than the one's they sell at the parts stores...

Very simple installation...

Eliminates the rear turn signals and you are then using your brake light for dual purpose...Used mostly with enclosure kit...

I have LED bulbs in my rear and I heard that I can't use an integrator with them.
Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
Yes. I have the clear tail lamp with leds. If you dont change the flasher they blink so fast they are very hard to see. I just went to Napa and got a new flasher Napa #552. It was $1.29 and it works great. It will flash any amout of lights from 1 to 100 at one flash per second. Led's or regular bulbs it doesn't care.

I'm wanting to do this really bad. I hate the turn signals on the back.    The only thing stopping me is wondering how much visibility is going to be lost when I'm turning..  

In other words.. I wanna be "streamlined".. but I don't wanna be "steamrolled" while trying to turn off the road.

any thoughts on that?

Good info from everybody.. especially the LED light blinkie problem, and solution.

Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
Yes. I have the clear tail lamp with leds. If you dont change the flasher they blink so fast they are very hard to see. I just went to Napa and got a new flasher Napa #552. It was $1.29 and it works great. It will flash any amout of lights from 1 to 100 at one flash per second. Led's or regular bulbs it doesn't care.
Thanks alot!
Did it effect the front blinkers?

It will not affect the front signal as it is wired into the rear only...

Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
Thanks alot!
Did it effect the front blinkers?
The front will blink fast also, not as fast as the rear. The flasher system needs a load on it to work. If you use a intergrator all of the turn signals will blink faster when the brakes on are. If you use a intergrator and LED bulbs they blink fast all the time. Then when you use the brakes they flash supper fast. That is when they are very hard to see in the rear.

Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
Does that flasher slow all the turn signals down or just the rears.

Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
Does that flasher slow all the turn signals down or just the rears.
It slows them all down. Not just the rear.

Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
MRTRIS:  I'm getting ready to change out my front turn signals and rear tail light with the Clear Alternatives lens.  I have the integrator installed on my bike.  I'm going to pick-up the Napa #552 flasher unit.

My question is where is the flasher unit?  Are you talking about the turn signal/side stand relay up near the fuse box?

Need more information on the flasher. Is this a simple replacement of the stock flasher or are modifications required.

Thanks

Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
MRTRIS:  I'm getting ready to change out my front turn signals and rear tail light with the Clear Alternatives lens.  I have the integrator installed on my bike.  I'm going to pick-up the Napa #552 flasher unit.

My question is where is the flasher unit?  Are you talking about the turn signal/side stand relay up near the fuse box?

Need more information on the flasher.  Is this a simple replacement of the stock flasher or are modifications required.

Thanks
That is the one. You will have to cut the turn signal wires. Then install the new flasher.

All right:  I changed the oil, flushed the radiator and installed the Clear Alternatives lens.  Now it's time to tackle the flasher unit.  I thought I could live with the turn signals going at Mach 1, but it's just too fast.  More to follow...

Back