Rear Tire Wear

bronc3

Registered
Can anyone recommend a tire I can expect more than 2500 miles out of?I don't do much to cause my rear tire to wear besides yolking on it once in a while.As long as it's not too greasy,I would be willing to give up a little gription for extended wear characteristics.

In another post,I saw Michelins recommended with some pretty outrageous milage claims.Can't find the post,they recommended a specific tire,think it was the Pilot Sport HPX.Any ideas?

Hey Bronc, where did you get my sister's picture for your avatar. That S!^t can't hold her liquor. She did the same thing at Easter dinner too.

What lives longest is the guy that uses the best tire regardless of mileage. Nothing like a great looking hard rubber tire on the bike that slid into the weeds.

Johncal

In another post,I saw Michelins recommended with some pretty outrageous milage claims.Can't find the post,they recommended a specific tire,think it was the Pilot Sport HPX.Any ideas?
Thats a great tire I am told. I have it on my Busa, but it is new. I have heard of folks getting 4500+ out of the HPX, but the must have rode them pretty easy. It appears the average is 3000-3500 range. Very grippy too. Its a lot better than the dunlops for sure!

Check out michelins website, the HPX was designed for high powered bikes, they list the busa, 12, and XX.

Back