Rear Tail light LED

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
OK Electricial Busa Earthlings Question for ya, Its been a year now try'in to get my Busa put together, And a friend came from Texas ( to Tennessee) to paint the bike . I thought this was the last thing I had to do to get it on the road, NOT! I found a resistor in the back fender area with a broken wire on it and the rear led lighting wiring was a mess,( most of the wiring was ( FAIR) I prefer to solder and heat-shrink but it was ok except the rear light.. Do these Leds come with 2 resistors ? One of mine were broken..& the rear light was not water resistant, they just removed one of the light sockets and had 2 wires coming out of it ( Left the hole open ) I know that cant be right ! Can I get the resistors seperate? Or is it better to get a new light? Where to buy, Ebay? Now as soon as I can get this finished I'll post some pictures ..Thanks
banghead.gif

it sounds like the way it was wired was right thats the way the clear alternatives tailights are done you dont really need the resistors they only slow the current down on the blinker speed i have been running mine with no resistors for quite a while with no problems

the resistors are needed to regulate the flasher speed. The flasher uses a bi-metal spring that heats up as current passes through it. As it heats, it bends and opens the circuit and turns off the t/s lights, as the spring cools, it closes and turns the light back on.

With LED's they use very little current and so the spring does not get very hot, this makes it open and close much faster. By adding a resistor (say a 5-7ohm/50watt) you add more load to the circuit, heat the spring up better and so slow down the light blink rate.

not required, but you'll have a crazy blink rate. Just depends on what you like

OK Thanks , I might order another lite. The wires were connected by twisting and black tape. Werent even crimped at the light.. ETC, Does anyone sell any LED with a red lens? All I seem to find is the clear ones...?
bowdown.gif

i just used my red lense on my led and it works fine and i personally think its easier to see than the clear

Back