Rear tail fairing swap

markhurd101

Registered
Guy's

I have seen about 3 Busas with a 2000 Gixxer 1000 tail fairing on them. Does anyone know how difficult this swap is? How much fabrication is needed to make it happen.

That just sounds like it would look bad... why would anyone put a 1000 tail section on a busa?
rock.gif

You can do back bends or sit ups, but baby dont lose that butt!!!
laugh.gif

No way Jose!!!!

For that to work you would have to swap out the sub frame too.

then everything for the plastic lines up and you have to mount the electrical.

Good luck

That actually looks okay,but it no longer has those curves that I love.
wink.gif

based on the input, I think I will keep the tail as is. Thanks Guys.:)
dont base your decision on what to do with your bike because of our opinions... it's your bike and if you want to do it and YOU like it, then go for it. Its your ride, do what you will to it and be happy! I'm surprised actually that the 1000 rear end lines up well with the rest of the busa body, but again, my opinion, i dont like it. If you like it! Go for it!!

It is different i argee, But... The aftermarket undertails I have seen with the two lights is pretty ugly I thought. The curves look good on the ass end but I do like the aftermarket LED look you can get on the GSXR 1K. Too bad that tail light configuration is not made for the busa.... Yet? I went with the clear taillight with Red LEDS for a different look.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/KoK-LoL/Fender.jpg

Guys

Thanks for the imput. As far as the tail section is concerned, I have come to enjoy the added space the hump provides. That said, I lean more towards keeping it because of functionality.:;):

Back