rear suspension

Blue1

Registered
I had friends help me with some laden and unladen suspension sag measurements and want to decrease rear shock preload to a specific wheel travel dimension, but I don't know the ratio of shock travel to wheel travel. Anyone out there know this?

Also, I need to know the thread pitch of the shock preload adjustment. How much preload per whole turn of the adjuster ring?

Thanks,
Blue1

I would just get somebody (who can read a tape) to measure, and do the "measure-adjust", measure-adjust" until you get the laden sag you want. Going to have to get on and off the bike a few times with your gear on but about the best way to do it. Won't take very much turning of the adjust collar to make a fair change in sag. My
2cents.gif

I am aware that measurements is this best way, I had friends over for a party and kind of enlisted them to help me get baseline measurements. I didn't want to tie them up forever, three of us did it in twenty minutes for the 'busa and the 'rex.

If I had that info, I could have changed the preload to where I wanted it, then confirmed and fine tuned it when I had help again. Trying to explain to a wife and one or both teenage boys how to help with this would be an exersize in frustration
cursin.gif

Blue1

Back