Rear Sprocket and Drag Chain

delock

Registered
Ok..when I brought my Busa (08 Black and Orange) the guy had installed a drag sprocket and drag chain

CIMG0007-1.jpg

My speed is way off...ALOT lol. So I want to go back stock with the sprocket and an extended chain for the extensions i'm installing. Do you think this is an item worth trying to trade for or just sell it out right?

I'm sure someone might want to trade you a stock sprocket for a Vortex one
you'd need to know how many teeth are on it, and what kind of chain that is.
unless they are in bad shape, then you'd probably be better off recycling them

thats a 48 tooth vortex
stock is 43 rear 18 front for gen 2
17 front 40 rear for gen 1

only way to know if the chain is worth keeping or not is to take it off and measure the stretch

chain looks like it could be a did or rk cant tell from blurry picture

CIMG0007-1.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the 48, but would sell it...might get a few $$$ out of it on ebay.

I have a couple stock steel sprockets hanging on my wall I'd sell one for $10 plus shipping if you are interested, or take a peek on Ebay. I think the stockers are pretty cheap.

If you want to trade, don't see any reason not to. Just another to hang on the wall, LoL
Just make sure it's in decent shape and the teeth aren't starting to wear or round off.
Can't really tell much from the pic...

48T is a big jump from the stock 43. Don't know any guys using that for drag racing but it might make a fun wheelie sprocket for the street.:whistle: Probably not enough to stunt with but the Busa isn't the bike for that anyways.

AKA Danskey might want it.

Anyway, I'd be happy to make you a good deal on a stocker. Might as well give it to you (and will if you say pretty please), but wouldn't mind at least getting a couple bucks for it.

Back