Rear spring

cueball

Registered
I need to upgrade my rear spring and I emailed Trac dynamics and gave them my info. I am 6'1" 225 lbs and need a spring that will support a passenger. (no fat chicks lol) The reply I got was I need a 900 lbs spring. I guess I respect their advice but that just seems like a lot of spring to me. Is using that much spring going to affect my ride comfort a lot?

It's going to affect the ride a little and at your weight; you don't have much of choice, unless you go Air Ride or Strut! Without the stiffer spring, your going to have to keep the tail high and and tighten the factory spring ALL the way!

My opinion.....contact Loni @ 1-626-443-8825 and have him personally set up your shock assembly with a heavier spring. He did mine last year and I couldn't be happier with his service/support. He beat Trac Dynamics prices by a good amount. I'm 6'5" 350 lbs and I carry a 120 lb passenger often.

My opinion.....contact Loni @ 1-626-443-8825 and have him personally set up your shock assembly with a heavier spring. He did mine last year and I couldn't be happier with his service/support. He beat Trac Dynamics prices by a good amount. I'm 6'5" 350 lbs and I carry a 120 lb passenger often.

What's Loni's shop called? Also did you have him re-spring and re-valve?

i got a tracdynamics 9000 rear spring. dident do the revalve and rides awesome. No problems anywhere. I got a pro to setup my suspension and the beast rides better than brand new. Im 7 inches stretch btw.

Not sure where you are located. The best thing to do is take your bike and passenger to the suspension shop and have them take measurements of you on your bike and you with your passenger on your bike with the setup you are currently running. That's the only way to know for sure how much more spring you'll need.

Busawhipped... does that mean i have to take all the women i plan on riding with me, cuz that could get really complicated? Lol. Thanks for the insite but im in Louisville Ky. and i dont think there are any shops like that around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Busawhipped... does that mean i have to take all the women i plan on riding with me, cuz that could get really complicated? Lol. Thanks for the insite but im in Louisville Ky. and i dont think there are any shops like that around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh:

Back