Rear shock/suspension question.

SS4Luck

Registered
I am taking my Gen 3 in to get lowered, resprung and revalved as soon as my swingarm gets here next week and I was talking to the shop doing it and he brought up lowering the rear with the shock internals VS links and admitted that he didn’t know if for roll racing/top speed stuff if one is really that much better than the other. My largest concern is not knowing exactly how low I want/need to go in the rear, his concern is travel/usable suspension. What’s the best way to do it for this type of racing, while staying with the stock shock.

- lowering links on a re spring/valved shock
- resprung/revalved shock with a bit of travel and height removed and drop the rest of the way on adjustable links
- put the drop forks on, take a tape measure and see how far down I want to bring the back and then have him work his magic at whatever drop that is.

I’m new to doing this all the right way instead of just slamming a Gen 2 down with straps and links slapping on a turbo and trying to hold on lol. I’m having 2.25” taken out of the front FWIW

I am taking my Gen 3 in to get lowered, resprung and revalved as soon as my swingarm gets here next week and I was talking to the shop doing it and he brought up lowering the rear with the shock internals VS links and admitted that he didn’t know if for roll racing/top speed stuff if one is really that much better than the other. My largest concern is not knowing exactly how low I want/need to go in the rear, his concern is travel/usable suspension. What’s the best way to do it for this type of racing, while staying with the stock shock.

- resprung/revalved shock with a bit of travel and height removed and drop the rest of the way on adjustable links
- put the drop forks on, take a tape measure and see how far down I want to bring the back and then have him work his magic at whatever drop that is.

I’m new to doing this all the right way instead of just slamming a Gen 2 down with straps and links slapping on a turbo and trying to hold on lol. I’m having 2.25” taken out of

I’m new to doing this all the right way instead of just slamming a Gen 2 down with straps and links slapping on a turbo and trying to hold on lol. I’m having 2.25” taken out of the front FWIW
Hi. I went with a Penske shock that is 1 inch shoter with a Titanium spring with lowering links. I am also rising the swingarm pivot point 12mm that will drive the tire in to the ground for traction.

Back