Rear shock Stiffness

dr1c

Registered
Hello all....Im hoping someone could give some in site to my dellima...I have 2 bikes a 2005 and a 2000.
the 2000 has stock settings in suspension and works awesome and is comfortable lots of travel in rear.
the 2005 has all preload pretty much removed and a little rebound/compression in and is stiff as a board
I cant get any bounce/travel as hard as i can push on it or jump on it for that matter. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 2000 but before i do
i might grab the shock if it is compatible for my 2005..Different part number but it looks the same? Will it be ok

Thanks

What else could it be other than the shock? I don't think the pivots in the suspension could be stuck that bad. If you remove the shock, you will find out if any pivots are frozen but I doubt that.

Why dont you just get the shock on the 05 looked at and repaired?
If you are gonna sell the '00 it will need to be sold with a good working rear shock.
So why bother swapping the shocks over?
Yup you are right....I posted that and realized that's a dumb idea....gonna have it looked at and if buggered I'll get a different one....got to give new owner of 00 a good shock....the 05 forks are same..stiff stiff....was a turbo bike I guess at one time probably raced it I would assume

Did you try changing the settings? If you like the 00 bike back off the settings and count the turns then set the 05 that way. What am I missing? It's possible the 05 has aftermarket springs in the forks or just too much oil. The 2000 and 2006 suspensions are for the most part exactly alike so if you like one, make the other like that.

Did you try changing the settings? If you like the 00 bike back off the settings and count the turns then set the 05 that way. What am I missing? It's possible the 05 has aftermarket springs in the forks or just too much oil. The 2000 and 2006 suspensions are for the most part exactly alike so if you like one, make the other like that.
Ya I set almost Identical....I'm 240 lbs and can't get any compression of spring....wow.....I'm gonna remove it and see what's up....I'm suspecting the last guy resprung it heavy..preloaded the crap out of it for launching.....

Back