Rear Sets,

Ham

Registered
Hi guys whats your thought on the e-bay rear sets from china?
Any one use them.

My thoughts are somebody couldn't give me that junk to put on my Busa.....

Your better off saving your $$$ and buying a set from an actual brand name company. You could probably find a set of used brand name rear sets on a forum like this or on eBay for the price they are asking for that knock off crap

Hi guys whats your thought on the e-bay rear sets from china?
Any one use them.

I think it's best to listen to people who have USED BOTH, not just people that instantly reject anything from China/ebay.

I've had Vortex before, and now I've had Ebay ones on two bikes now and have never had real issue. At 1/3rd to 1/4th the price of the major brands, I had to try them out and I was pleased. The only issue I had was a bolt/screw coming loose on my gen I, but it's because I didn't use thread lock on anything. Reinstalled with thread lock on everything and they were fine. Got a set for my Gen II (used thread lock this time) and they've been fine. Even came with a rear brake switch holder that works.

Vortex or others are better quality and feel a bit sturdier, but I've been happy with the China ones for like $120 or whatever they were. Like 1busa said, I'd get used Vortex if I could, but I wanted anodized bronze/gold, and those don't pop up ever. If you find a used set in a style you want for under $200, just get them. If not, the ebay ones have been great to me. All they do is give your feet a place to rest and push on a lever.

My general rule is if it relates to the motor, I avoid China/eBay stuff. If it's an accessory, I might try it out.

its not really a moving part other then up n down shifting for the most part. they will work just fine as long as u aware that u get wat u pay for. not gonna be as smooth as a good set but not gonna be as expensive either

I consider it a safety related part so I wouldnt skimp on it. On long rides I sometimes stand up to stretch out. It would be a bad day if they broke while on the highway. Just my 2 cents.

They are footrest and as long as that is all you need them for try it. If you ever plan to stand on them, invest in the good product tested, and grade a material ones or you will find yourself on the ground..Cast and cheap billet doesn't all have the same strength which is why cheaper..

They are footrest and as long as that is all you need them for try it. If you ever plan to stand on them, invest in the good product tested, and grade a material ones or you will find yourself on the ground..Cast and cheap billet doesn't all have the same strength which is why cheaper..
well put

Ever happen to get a set of them and try? I've looked at them for years, but never took the plunge.

On a side note, I have been running Chinese front wave rotors. While I can't tell of any performance gains, they look sexy. I have a rear one sitting in my shop now to install when I get the new tires mounted.

Ever happen to get a set of them and try? I've looked at them for years, but never took the plunge.

On a side note, I have been running Chinese front wave rotors. While I can't tell of any performance gains, they look sexy. I have a rear one sitting in my shop now to install when I get the new tires mounted.
Never got a set. Was just see who uses them

I cant say that they r ok or not but I do know I would not feel like I was safe on the using anything from china. that alone keeps me with the brand name stuff. feeling secure mentally means a lot when riding. if u don't trust a part or something on the bike then it becomes a huge distraction.. to me anyway

Just wanted to chime in with something interesting and somewhat related to the discussion. The other day I was going through some of my things and came across one of my compressor microphones. It is an AKG brand which if any of you know about studio recording equipment then you know its a very reputable brand and has top notch microphones. Anyhow as Im looking over the microphone I read designed in Austria and MADE IN CHINA. What a shocker to some but no surprise to some like myself. You alsowould be surprised how many other items in our homes and on our persons are made in China. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Ham
Mate bought a set last year for his R1.... Gear selector broke off about 75 miles from home as he was riding.

China = cheap as s**t alloy.

Reactions: Ham
Back