Rear Sets

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all got the rear sets today and just installed them. Will try them out tomorrow. Just a short test drive tonight but they seem just fine.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

P1010307.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does feel like there is a difference in the way you turn.

FATJAP

p.s. I heard if you put a GSXR 750 swing arm on, it will
shorten the wheel base. The X-1's have 750 swing arms.
I know your going for the twisties. Also the set up is way more aggressive.

Looks good Marc!! You're already crazy fast.... I'm scared of you now!!! Glad you're keepin' Girlfriend!!!!

Lo
thumbs-up.gif

Let us know how the vibration is compared to the rubber pegs.

those look trick as hell.....I want some!!!! but I just want them 1" back and stock height. is that a possablity??

good lord I hope so, those look great, and like Bren said, hows the vibes compared to the stock?

Let us all know man.

Lo is right you were mad fast to start with, now I bet you will realy walk way from us all.

Josh

I don't know about the mad fast thing! I did notice a slight bit of vibration but I honestly had to think on it before I noticed it. I will say the the turn in is different. Seems faster. Probably my imagination.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Nice Marc. I had seriously considered putting some rear sets on mine. I'm gonna do my brakes first. Just about to get the Red, carbon kevlar, Galfer brake lines and have em installled. Maybe rear sets next.

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? I hear the Attack's can bend a little with the bigger boys if you start railing on them. I am hard on all my stuff. Just ask my Ford dealer how often they will replace my tranny in my Stang.

I am 5'11 205lbs. I have pro tek not the attack.

Brennan when are you coming down my way to do some riding. I notice you and doc had a private party and didn't invite anyone.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? I hear the Attack's can bend a little with the bigger boys if you start railing on them. I am hard on all my stuff. Just ask my Ford dealer how often they will replace my tranny in my Stang.
(Ford jokes here)! I don't think it was your driving.LOL
I was learning how to powershift and bent some shift forks, then I proceeded to pound it into the ground.

Sorry about that Marc, Doc came by on a Monday, and we rode for a few hours before he had to leave for Vegas.

Let me know the next time you guys down there get together for a ride, I have to take a Sat night off from work, then get down there, spend Sat night to be ready to ride Sun a.m.

Back