Rear Seat tail cover wont fit!!????

gaeducator

Registered
I got my K8 Hayabusa over two months ago. Today thought I would take rear seat off and put on the Seat tail cover. Well I tried my way and then I tried the owners manual way. Still I had no luck. I took of the front seat and played with it for about an hour. Still no luck, any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong. I am stumped. When I did get it halfway there, it still did not conform to lines of bike. HELP!!!!!!

did you mod your hump or remove the grab bar. If its new and you didnt mod your hump you will have to remove the grab bar.

No pix, I will do that tomorrow. After removing the rear seat, I then removed the grab bar.Only thing I could think was that I tried doing this with bike on kickstand. Not sure if being on rear tire stand would make a difference.

I just got finished looking at some busas on the org and guess what. My hump looks alot different than the other K8 busas. My hump is smooth from one side to the next. In looking at the other pix, they all have one line curve on the left top and another line curve on the right top. these lines are running from front to back. My hump is completely smooth until you get to the lower left and lower right side. Will take to dealer tomorrow.

I just got finished looking at some busas on the org and guess what. My hump looks alot different than the other K8 busas. My hump is smooth from one side to the next. In looking at the other pix, they all have one line curve on the left top and another line curve on the right top. these lines are running from front to back. My hump is completely smooth until you get to the lower left and lower right side. Will take to dealer tomorrow.
that can't be? maybe 1st gen. busa hump!!!
wowold.gif
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

did u remember the two grommets that you need to install?
Yeah I did remember the two grommets and they were put in the correct place. I went to Ebay and looked at a pix of a Gen 1 hump. That is what I have. The lines are missing and they are very apparent on all of the Gen 2 humps. Thanks for all of the help fellas.

imagine this, they can't even put the right hump on the bike! how can i trust them to work on my bike!!
deadhorse.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

somebody... somewhere has a GEN 2 hump asking the same questions.

lurk.gif
This one's actually funny.
laugh.gif
Sorry to hear about it, but hopefully the dealership can get you the right one pretty quickly.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you must have an electrial problem.

Alright called place in NC where I purchased my K8 and asked to speak to owner. Spoke to owner for a minute and he said he had to run on an emergency, he then transferred me to manager, he then told me to talk to guy who made the mistake (parts manager). Started talking to PM and he said that was the one that came with the bike, that I might not known how to put it on, did I take the rear seat off first (LOL), gen 1 seat cover didnt come in that color, etc, etc.He told me he would need to see it first, he needed me to send it back to him and he would call Suzuki to see what the problem might be. this pissed me off, so I went by my local Suzuki dealer(GA) and talked to one of the sale guys. We went in the back and looked at the K8 model and compared them. Mine was humongous compared to the K8 model much taller and not as slimline. Called PM back and let him talk to salesperson, SP told him that this is not a K8 cowl and had to be an earlier model. He explained that they were very different and no way similar. He still wants me to send it back and will get me a new one when they receive the old one. This friggin sucks!!!!!

For a minute, I was thinking that I was one mechanically challenged mutherfrigger. When I look back at it, it is kinda funny, but I still want my right piece by yesterday. Now this is the parts manager that gave me the wrong piece. Imagine that.

Back