rear seat locked in place, need ideas

garage monster

Registered
Son was in garage helping to put bike back together after install of my cruise control. As we were putting the rear cowl on he locked the passenger seat in place before hooking up the cable from the lock.

Any ideas how to get the seat off?????????????????

Done it a couple times, I am appearently not that bright at times, with seat and with da hump, my lovely ladies hump. I digress, sorry. I used a wire, rope, whatever to work under the offending obstackle then ues a long skinny screwdriver to push the release mech. May have to bend screwdriver or one time it was a really stiff coathanger. Pull up on seat(takes two) then, oh maglite helps, just keep working and it will come, oh yes but it will. I have found that cussing it as you work really seems to help. Goodluck

I will try again tomorrow night. The hump has a flat bottom and would be easier. The seat does not have a flat bottom so it is not a straight shot. What a bummer.

i did the same thing last night (sort of). the guy that did my air shifter must not have clipped it down all the way and the cable came loose. i bought an airbag from Auto Body Toolmart, the one that comes with a lockout kit by a company called steck. its like 4x4" vinyl with a small hand air pump bulb. i slipped it under the hump above the taillight, inflated it little by little until i had enough clearance to get to the latch through the left side with a radiator hose removal tool ( a small bent screwdriver would work too). this was on a gen II dont know what youve got but best of luck!!

Back