mailed! on its way. postage is on me
bad news is on the way back from post ofc i crashed the bicycle:
head laceration - 3 staples
fractured clavicle
fractured scapula
3 fractured ribs

im screwed for six weeks. no riding of any kind
withdrawals!!!
Oh no! Feel bad now, you've done me a big favour and you get all that as a thank you!
Hope you get better quickly and get back out on that bike. (if it's still rideable? )
Will update the post on the splitting once I get the unit.

its sealed pretty good heat may work but not very good it was still a job. I put switch back turn signals in my 09 with clear lenses and wanted the taillight clear also. Bought a ebay special but it wasnt bright enough between brake and running light. The stock is red leds behind a red lens so I switched the ebay clear to the stock housing. The ebay came apart with some force but the stock was a pain, I eventually just dremeled out the channel and put the clear one on with some all weather glue

bicycle is fine. hey @GAmedic: is it normal they dont cast clavicle and scapula injuries? i got a sling thats it
hardest part is breathing
When I broke my collarbone after rolling a snowmobile over myself they gave me a sort of figure 8 brace that just made me keep my shoulders backs and posture straight.

Thanks all! I'm in recovery mode already. Feeling kinda dumb that it happened on a bicycle - grateful it happened that way. Can't wait to get back on. It was basically a low side when the fr tire caught the lip of a driveway and sent me down unexpectedly. You can imagine my r side took the impact.

@jchbusa Don't trip! I was (and still am) so happy I could send someone something for the holidays! Makes it even more precious. Eager to see how it works out.

Thanks all! I'm in recovery mode already. Feeling kinda dumb that it happened on a bicycle - grateful it happened that way. Can't wait to get back on. It was basically a low side when the fr tire caught the lip of a driveway and sent me down unexpectedly. You can imagine my r side took the impact.

@jchbusa Don't trip! I was (and still am) so happy I could send someone something for the holidays! Makes it even more precious. Eager to see how it works out.

Hope your better and also enjoying the Christmas period :-)
Just to say the light has arrived safe and sound although it's a Gen1 and was thinking it was a gen2.
Still it was easy to get apart with the 4 screws and has given me a few good ideas to mod the one I have.
There is another gen2 on eBay for £50 so thinking about that before I go ahead with mine as if I Fu^k it up will have another to put back on the bike.

Will post my results as I go along.

Hope your better and also enjoying the Christmas period :-)
Just to say the light has arrived safe and sound although it's a Gen1 and was thinking it was a gen2.
Still it was easy to get apart with the 4 screws and has given me a few good ideas to mod the one I have.
There is another gen2 on eBay for £50 so thinking about that before I go ahead with mine as if I Fu^k it up will have another to put back on the bike.

Will post my results as I go along.

Apologies! I pulled that unit off myself from my '14, so I assumed it was a Gen 2, but this bike of mine does (or did) have an unusual history prior to my ownership, so who knows!! At any rate, I hope you found the unit useful in some respect. Looking forward to your experiments + results.

And thanks for asking! Yes, yes, doing much better, have regained use of a good part of my right arm & shoulder ... no longer in a sling ... still not gonna ride for another couple weeks, and of course I've gained a few fatty pounds since it happens to be the season AND I was immobile. Strength training begins same week I'm back on the moto.

Cheers! as they say in your part of the globe; hope you enjoy the holidays!

Back