Rear Light Cluster

jchbusa

Registered
Has anyone ever split the rear light to change the LEDs?
I have just fitted switch backs and would like to get the rear tail/stop LEDs to match them but looks like it is sealed :-(

Has anyone ever split the rear light to change the LEDs?
I have just fitted switch backs and would like to get the rear tail/stop LEDs to match them but looks like it is sealed :-(

Had the same thought, was gonna split the unit just to replace the individ LEDS - and that looks possible, but was concerned with resealing it (properly, plus the damage I might have inflicted in order to break the orig seal) so just bought a new unit.

Definitely interested in your process if you go ahead with this

HayaWakened

Had the same thought, was gonna split the unit just to replace the individ LEDS - and that looks possible, but was concerned with resealing it (properly, plus the damage I might have inflicted in order to break the orig seal) so just bought a new unit.

Definitely interested in your process if you go ahead with this

Yup looks like there are none on eBay ATM but still searching.
I am assuming that like my Chrysler 300C headlights which are factory sealed and can be split in the oven the Busa rear is the same hopefully but wouldn't put it past Suzuki to sonic weld them :-(

As soon as I can fine a spare will try and split them :-)

HayaWakened

I am assuming that like my Chrysler 300C headlights which are factory sealed and can be split in the oven the Busa rear is the same hopefully but wouldn't put it past Suzuki to sonic weld them :-(

Check Amazon as well....sometimes they have items Ebay doesn't

HayaWakened

I got the old one here. Still works, but most of the LEDS are burned out. Want me to send it to you for practice?

I have fixed those many times...

RSD.

@jchbusa
mailed! on its way. postage is on me
bad news is on the way back from post ofc i crashed the bicycle:
head laceration - 3 staples
fractured clavicle
fractured scapula
3 fractured ribs

im screwed for six weeks. no riding of any kind
withdrawals!!!

@jchbusa
fractured clavicle
fractured scapula
3 fractured ribs

withdrawals!!!

Ah damnit man. Glad you're okay though. What parts do you need to get the bike back up?

@jchbusa
fractured clavicle
fractured scapula
3 fractured ribs

withdrawals!!!
I give you a month tops before you take some kind of a ride even if not one of your normal type rides. Seriously tho take your time and heal up cause I know those rib fractures are no good when riding not to mention everything else.

Those blacked out signal covers were on mine when I got it, they went in the bin as I like to be seen when I'm signalling...

I never use signals..what for. Ever seen bikers riding along with that left signal flashing..its an invitation for cagers to turn left in front of you. I use my sigs if there is a cop behind me,thats it.

Rubb.

I never use signals..what for. Ever seen bikers riding along with that left signal flashing..its an invitation for cagers to turn left in front of you. I use my sigs if there is a cop behind me,thats it.

Rubb.
Hey, to each their own...I'm one of those who always use signal lights and rides with my head on a swivel to avoid accidents...so far so good (knock on wood).

If its a tight squeese I'll just use my hand and point. By the time most cagers look up from their cell phone and texting I'm already home in my jammies. Nobody pays attention anymore.
Rubb.

Back