Rear hugger/fender

1911boy

Registered
just purchased a rear hugger/fender. the instructions say i need to drill a hole in the swingarm. anyone done this? i dont mind cutting plastic, but drilling into swingarm seems scary...thanks

I don't want to drill into my swingarm either, so there aren't many choices for huggers. I think NWS makes one of the few. PUIG also makes one.

just purchased a rear hugger/fender.  the instructions say i need to drill a hole in the swingarm.  anyone done this?  i dont mind cutting plastic, but drilling into swingarm seems scary...thanks
I'm going to take a wild guess that you have this style of hugger pictured below. I would NOT be comfortable drilling my swingarm, either!

HUGS101B-2.jpg

With a Roca Style hugger no drilling is required.

hugger_inst2.jpg

hugger_inst1.jpg

i bought one that requires the original chain gaurd to be removed. from there, you put those two bolts back on, but need to drill the other side. what i did was just ran a strip of velcro on the right side instead of drilling, and it seems to work perfect...

I used heavy duty doublesided foam tape between the hugger and arm and also put a black zip tie around the outside of the brace and the hugger. Seems good so far.

here the extreme graphics hugger,,just bolted on, took all of 3 mins to install,,,,i have to take better pics just finished doing undertail and other mods,,,

DSC00138.jpg

sounds like a cheap knockoff.
i agree with others on using chainguard bolt if possible

Back