Rear foot pegs...

flynjay

Registered
After I installed my HMF high mounts a year ago, I couldn't put my rear pegs on because of a clearance issue under the body plastic. Anyway, that's about ready to be fixed and I want to put my pegs back on. But I want something other than stock. Does anyone know of any other rear pegs that will fit.

Thanks!!

Protek is what I have.

Try the board sponsors. (I'm sure they will post soon)

(heavybusa @ Oct. 05 2006,18:03) Protek is what I have.

Try the board sponsors. (I'm sure they will post soon)
Protec here too. There a little wider than stock, and have better "grip". They look a whole lot better too.

I have a set of Competition Werks in silver finish...

$40.00 TYD if interested.

runeight...

Got front and rear ProTek's as well, Charles from S&T hooked that up. Both are comfy, light and look good. GL.

The ProTeks look good...

Guess I wasn't clear on what I wanted. I'm looking for the whole assembly, not just the pegs themselves.

I too am curious what other kind of passenager pegs are out there. My girlfriend is looking for something that is a little more comfortable for her. She says the vibrations get to her feet a little bit after 45 or so miles.

do you need to do any moding to the protekk pegs? front or rear.

(flynjay @ Oct. 05 2006,18:02) After I installed my HMF high mounts a year ago, I couldn't put my rear pegs on because of a clearance issue under the body plastic. Anyway, that's about ready to be fixed and I want to put my pegs back on. But I want something other than stock. Does anyone know of any other rear pegs that will fit.

Thanks!!
I am not sure what clearance issues you have. I installed my HMF Dual High Mount system last month and the tail section fit with the rear peg brackets. I did have to push the plastic in just a bit to put the screws in but nothing that anyone would notice without a close inspection.

Don

i was able to mount my rear cowl with no issues and 4 washers extra thick for the spaceing...my undertail and cowl all lined up no issues

(frisbee @ Oct. 06 2006,16:35) do you need to do any moding to the protekk pegs? front or rear.
Nope, just the rear hangers and they bolt right up.

No problems.

(usn04limited @ Oct. 06 2006,17:06)
(flynjay @ Oct. 05 2006,18:02) After I installed my HMF high mounts a year ago, I couldn't put my rear pegs on because of a clearance issue under the body plastic.  Anyway, that's about ready to be fixed and I want to put my pegs back on.  But I want something other than stock.  Does anyone know of any other rear pegs that will fit.

Thanks!!
I am not sure what clearance issues you have.  I installed my HMF Dual High Mount system last month and the tail section fit with the rear peg brackets.  I did have to push the plastic in just a bit to put the screws in but nothing that anyone would notice without a close inspection.

Don
The mounting brackets I got from HMF with my set were bent with too much of an offset, which caused a clearance issue for the rear tire. Basically if I took hard hard bump with alot of suspension travel, the brackets would have cut into both edges of my rear tire. The brackets are getting replaced this coming week.

See this thread...

I'm looking for a "different" style of brackets. I want a clean look that doesn't have the mounting brackets for the stock exhaust. It looks like I'm going to have to go with a one off design from a local machine shop. We will see.

Back