rear fender trimming

Great info on the fender.
smile.gif
 And I found those nuts from the reflectors easier to get out.  I just tapped on the bottom of the plastic and they jumped around and found thier way towards the front of that piece where most fell out on the ground and one I had to put a magnet in the opening to get it.
Me not so smart... I elected to take whole friggin' bike apart instead!

BTW - Welcome to the board!!!

OK I didnt cut the fender off yet, ran out of time while installing my new turn signals. I took off the stock turn signals and went to Radio Shack and picked up 4 of the brightest red LED's they had. I removed the license plate and marked holes to drill in the middle as high as I could mount it. I drilled those holes and then drilled out the regular 4 mounting holes to fit the LED's in. Once I got them in, I put wire ties on the back of them so they would stay. I cut the stock turn signal connectors about 10 inches from the plug to the lights. I then drilled a small hole just below the brake light to run the wires to behind the plate. I wired them up and put some wire ties to clean things up. So now I have two LED's on each side of the plate for turn signals now. The picture below is crappy since I took it at night. I will take more tomorrow in the light. Tell me what you think!

smallbusalights.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so thunderpants, you now have only 2 ea 1/4" led's to signal your turns? I would imagine they show up at night but what about during the day? i personally want someone behind me to know if i am turning or not. but that is just me...

FlRider, yeah I am worried about the same thing, they are pretty bright though. I am taking a group ride tomorrow down to the Superbike races, so I am going to get some feedback on how visible they are. I saw them at dusk at they were very visible. I was already thinking after putting the two in that I should have four on each side. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Hey Rip, lookin good dude.
I did mine last night too.
Took the entire fender off, remounted the plate to the undertail, and added some tiny lil flush mount clear blinkers.
I'll post pics tomorrow.
Sweet!  Pictures...  *drooling*  Pictures...
Crap......totally forgot about the pics....was super Busy today playin with chopper. "see thread in Random thoughts"
uh huh!

Hey Rip, lookin good dude.
I did mine last night too.
Took the entire fender off, remounted the plate to the undertail, and added some tiny lil flush mount clear blinkers.
I'll post pics tomorrow.
Sweet!  Pictures...  *drooling*  Pictures...
Crap......totally forgot about the pics....was super Busy today playin with chopper. "see thread in Random thoughts"
uh huh!
No Rip......I swear....... I'm tellin the truth dude......quite bustin my balls......don't be so hard on a brother.
hehehehhehehhe
The pics are in "general"

I thought I had an original idea on the turn signals but it just didnt work out. The LED's are not bright enough during the daylight. Looks like I am just going to grab some small flush mounts and put them in. Maybe I will just leave the lights in there and wire them to the brake light. Oh well, it only cost me $10.

I just can't wait to cut off that damn fender.

I thought I had an original idea on the turn signals but it just didnt work out.  The LED's are not bright enough during the daylight.  Looks like I am just going to grab some small flush mounts and put them in.  Maybe I will just leave the lights in there and wire them to the brake light.  Oh well, it only cost me $10.  

I just can't wait to cut off that damn fender.
Look in the general section for "my $0 fender mod" or something like that. He cut off the fender and remounted the stock turn signals so they were stubbier.

Ok so I'm an idiot. Wrong address.

The post is in general. It is called "PIC's of my $0 fender mod.
It was started by mojoman. You can do a search of the forum for topics started by him.
iamwithstupid.gif

Thanks big guy, I will check it out. I think you knew the link and were just post whoring! Good to meet you yesterday and go riding with ya. Have a good one.

just did mine. rain day fun. cool idea and a cool look for 0 dollars = priceless!
ranman
jump9.gif

A dremmel tool works great also. Thats how I did mine. If you use it, have some eye protection handy!

i used a dremmel with a cut off tool. then cleaned up the edge with sand paper.:)

HFS !
I see 2 problems in that pic, first the guy in the left is wearing his pants way too high, CAMELTOES ARE FOR WOMEN!!!
gross!
Second, that rear tire is WAYYY TOO PHAT! Very cool!

Back