Rear fender elimanation

Busa Girl

Registered
How did you all get rid of your rear fender? The dealer closest to me does not deal much with busas. So they were going to order a fender elimination kit for $130.00. I learned later that I will still have to get something else to wire my turning lights into my break light. There are two other busas from my town and they both cut off their fender them selves and wired the lights themselves. Any tips would be helpful. Dont want to hurt my baby, while making her beautiful
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

If you are real good with cutting tools, the finder can be cut around the turns and licence palte holder. You can trim the plastic very easy with a sharp knife adn then level with dremel.

That's the way I'm planning on doing it.  It's a little scary though like she said, I don't want to screw up the plastic surgery....
biggrin.gif
Hah! get it? plastic surgery! Hah! Jeez, it's late, I have to get some sleep.
sleepy.gif

I used a fender eliminator kit from Mototech have to check spelling and I can give you the web page when I get home. You have to cut both sides of your factory fender. I hated that part but the kit they sent me came painted, fit good and also had blinkers etc just crimp onto your factory wires. I can also post pics I took them all the way through installing it includint the piece I cut off . Let me know if you want .

I did it myself. Used a dremel to cut the fender. Cut it like butter.

I bought some smaller Lockhart Phillips (Stock are HUGE once you see the smaller ones) and wired those in. It is fairly easy, even if you've never done it before. Just cut the old ones off closes to the signal (so you have as much spare wire as possible) and then splice the black, and black and white wires. If you are keeping the stock, you won't have to do that.

I just trimmed around the signals, and left about an inch for the license plate bracket, and moved it up as far as it would go.

NOt the best looking job in the world, but I like it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Phramid Plastic tail eliminator on my bike, this was the first modification I made. I used a dremel and just took my time trimming the plastic away. Everytime I thought I trimmed enough plastic away, I still need to trim more. Recommend trimming everything except the trunk area. Here are some before and after pictures.
Tail_Before.jpg

After...
Tail_After.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ernaehrung004.gif
Hey busagirl i did mine on a 99 myself, I left the plate holder and went with smaller lights, came out just like "jmasin"
If your around Dallas I'd come help you no matter the looks
ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung004.gif
Just cutting tail and drinking beer!!

ernaehrung004.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

Back