Rear drive chain

Hi all. There is a new hi tech rear drive chain out for sale. It is made of Titanium and is coated with Nickel Boron. The tensile strength is 11850 lbs the weight is 3.5 lbs per 100 links. So it is very light and strong. That was for the 530 pitch chain. The 530 pitch chain is $600.00 for the 120 link chain and $850.00 for the 170 link chain. And yes it will be on my LSR bike. I know going fast is not cheep!

That's a lot of money for a 1.614lb difference in a 118 link chain based on the info mythos and I were discussing in this thread...

https://hayabusa.org/forum/threads/need-a-new-chain-zzz-530-discontinued.193645/page-2#post-3225795

My math (same's yours).

New EK ZZZ, 118 pin: 5 lb, 11.9 oz = 91.9 oz = 2605.3 g divided by 118 = 22.0788 g/pin
times 118 = 2605.3 total weight of 118 pin chain.

New EK 3D, 24 pin: 530 g divided by 24 = 22.0833 g/pin
times 118 = 2605.83 total weight of 118 pin chain.

Difference: .5333 g

Given that its rotational mass how much does that get expanded out to over speed?

LOL I have the thread marked for future reference!

$200 / lb for lightweight stuff is about what it costs so this isn't too bad.

Given that its rotational mass how much does that get expanded out to over speed?
How much does it weigh considering the inertia caused by 200 mph? Good question. Enough to justify for race purposes, I'll bet.

I did hear a comment (maybe it was on your thread, 04LE) that a chain isn't like normal rotating mass because it doesn't turn a perfect circle....IDK, you can sure see it tries to make a circle if you view videos of bikes on the dyno. A little extra resistance in the motor can add up to a few hp pretty easy.

LOL I have the thread marked for future reference!

$200 / lb for lightweight stuff is about what it costs so this isn't too bad.

How much does it weigh considering the inertia caused by 200 mph? Good question. Enough to justify for race purposes, I'll bet.

I did hear a comment (maybe it was on your thread, 04LE) that a chain isn't like normal rotating mass because it doesn't turn a perfect circle....IDK, you can sure see it tries to make a circle if you view videos of bikes on the dyno. A little extra resistance in the motor can add up to a few hp pretty easy.
hI ALL. If anyone is interested Frank at Powerhouse should be able to get one for you! It looks to be the best and strongest chain out there!

Back