rear disc lock oopsise!

HotRod104

Donating Member
Registered
Ive searched but no luck finding anything like this...
Yesterday I was leaving the dentist office and did the ol' oh S.ugar H.oney I.ced T.ea! As I started to roll forward from the parking spot(by foot not engine) the rear disc lock I put on( I was in a not-so-good part of town) quickly halted my advance. Okay, no prob, Ive done it B4 and alot worse to boot. I took a step back, dropped the stand and proceeded to take the disc lock off. Okay, no prob..right.

Well, as I then got on the blvd to get home, I grabbed some throttle and off I went. So as I make my way down the blvd. it seems that every joker and pole smoker wants to get in front on me..okay, no prob..but as I give a little rear brake to take bleed off some speed my foot bottoms out the brake peg like it is'nt attatched to anything...not so okay, big prob.. I proceeded to pull into a parking lot and do an "inspection" of both rear ends(no pun intended) and found nothing wrong...except that my rear brake does'nt work. There is nothing broken, ripped, torn, dented, or bent.. when I pump the rear brake peg several times it gains some bite but after it is released all the pressure disappears. Anyone have any insight on what may have happened and what can be done besides a trip to the shop?

Check the rear brake master cylinder fluid level through the small opening towards the front of the tailpiece on thr right side. You might have to take the tailpiece loose as it's hard to see.

tanks 4 the reply...checked it and it is just a hair above the "lower"mark.. still not sure if it should be acting like that though. Then again I have been known to be a lil ig'nant at times

345_SUZUKI_HAYABUSA_RED_BLA.jpg

I did the same thing and it turned out I bent the disk in one area. When the bike rolls forward the warp in the disk pushes the brake caliper pistons way back into the caliper. This forces your fluid back up into the brake reservoir, it make you have to pump several times to move the pistons back to get a bite on the rear brake. My guess is when the brakes start to grab now you will notice a pulsing in your rear brake now... The fix will be a new rotor. I still have to buy a new rotor for mine after my attempt to bend the rotor back. Its much better and can be used but its still far from being right... Buy a disk lock with the alarm that goes off when the bike is moved to save you from future damage. (Hanging head now) I have that type of disk lock but my batterys went dead and I did not change them... Duh!

+1 on the bent rotor. Also, and I hate to use you experieince as a plug for an item, but this is exactly the type of damage that the RoadLoK (Group buy going on now) is designed to prevent. I understand your need for security, but the RoadLoK takes all of the possibility of damage out of the picture.

Just food for for thought.

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 10 2007,10:11) +1 on the bent rotor. Also, and I hate to use you experieince as a plug for an item, but this is exactly the type of damage that the RoadLoK (Group buy going on now) is designed to prevent. I understand your need for security, but the RoadLoK takes all of the possibility of damage out of the picture.

Just food for for thought.
You are one step ahead of me today.
beerchug.gif

(HotRod104 @ Jan. 06 2007,20:10) tanks 4 the reply...checked it and it is just a hair above the "lower"mark.. still not sure if it should be acting like that though. Then again I have been known to be a lil ig'nant at times
Sorry to hear about this.

May I ask two things, one would you take a picture (or a couple) of the rotor and the bend. I'm curious.

Two what site did you find that cartoon of the busa.

Thanks,

(Max Speed @ Jan. 10 2007,07:03) I did the same thing and it turned out I bent the disk in one area. When the bike rolls forward the warp in the disk pushes the brake caliper pistons way back into the caliper.  This forces your fluid back up into the brake reservoir, it make you have to pump several times to move the pistons back to get a bite on the rear brake.  My guess is when the brakes start to grab now you will notice a pulsing in your rear brake now... The fix will be a new rotor.  I still have to buy a new rotor for mine after my attempt to bend the rotor back.  Its much better and can be used but its still far from being right...  Buy a disk lock with the alarm that goes off when the bike is moved to save you from future damage. (Hanging head now) I have that type of disk lock but my batterys went dead and I did not change them... Duh!
Max Speed is right, you've bent your rotor out-of-plane. One of the original founders of this company bent the front rotor on his 'Busa, and that's why we developed the MID.

As heavybusa asked, could you post some pics of the damage?

Our 'Busa appeared to be fine as well, save a few dents on the rotor carrier. The front brakes of a 'Busa are connected together, so when the bent rotor pushed the pads and pistons back in the caliper the fluid/space void affected both calipers. Unfortunately, sportbikes rely on the front brakes for up to 70% of the stopping power. Our founder almost lost his life - enter RoadLoK.

Your community members, namely heavybusa and MC MUSTANG have orchestrated a blow-out group buy on our Arachnidâ„¢ S2. Even if you don't end up investing in an MID we'll try to hook you up with a replacement OE rear rotor. We get really good, slightly-used OE stock from a local parts supplier; call me and I'll see what I can do for you.

-Daryl

Sorry to hear about the rotor.

But man I was laughing at the "S.ugar H.oney I.ced T.ea" and the "every joker and pole smoker" comments! That was some funny S.ugar H.oney I.ced T.ea right there!

Thanx too all who replied to my lil prob... Sorry it took a while to respond, my beautiful little daughter decided Jan 11th was a good day to make her debut. Unfortunately I also believe that I have bent my rotor like you've mentioned...feelin the pulse when the brakes finally bite. I will post some pics when I get the chance.....

Oh, if you google "hayabusa" or Hayabusa cartoon" in the "images" search it will pop-up...but there is like over a 100 to dig through. but thats how I found it. there is a few other colors via the link also.

congrats on the birth
beerchug.gif
hope all are healthy and well

p.s. we want pics
smile.gif

and this is the worlds newest SuperModel....

I blurred it a lil so the wife wont go Bull-i-Stick...
argue.gif

Marlee_Bday2_004.jpg

Back