Rear cf hugger/fender

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Not sure what brand, bought it used from the .org classifieds. It does not extend all the way down beyond the Swingarm block, so most consider it a rear fender. On the front edge, closest to the box, Hayabusa is in raised clear epoxy, molded in. It covers the chain very well, and may end up covering the tire evenly once I massage the fitment some more...it is closer to the tire on the left side (1/8") compraed to right side (3/8"). Also, the right side is in place via zipties. There are two bolt holes cut after molding, but no bracket, so until I fab up an alum. bracket the zips work good, just looks like some RNE work.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

After pm'ing seller, and doing the "search" button mod, I believe I need to fab a bracket from the CFH down to the spool mount. Shouldn't be too hard. Although I do believe once I lower it, I will need to remove the CFH, so if thats the case and I keep it lowered, not slammed but 1.5"-2", then I'll sell this with the bracket. Enjoy.

Charlie

I really want one of these. What's the deal w/ mounting on the right side? These things aren't plug n play?

TX, I dont know. I know NWS has a bracket, or so I think reading all the posts, there is another brand that "clamps" around the right side SA Upper Brace. The two holes I have zips in, were there from the maker, and should have a bracket that bends its way down to bolt same location as the spool, securing the fender the nut/washer/bolt. So, I will make one, I am sure I can make it pretty simple looking job, and hopefully it will pull the hugger into alignment, if not, I will heat up the left side and force a recontouring of the mold. I've had to do that with FG parts before, if they sit too long with a stress on them the mold offsets. I wont sell it for price if it aint right. If I can get it into shape and the bracket made, then I'll only ask what I got it for. I am sure once lowered it will have to go.

<!--EDIT|CAT3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156705187 -->

Many of the rear huggers require bolting onto the swingarm on the right side. I think Roca, NWS and Hotbodies make 'em that don't require any drilling.

well here's a rookie question.....is the choice of a hugger purely cosmetic or does it serve up a function
rock.gif

well here's a rookie question.....is the choice of a hugger purely cosmetic or does it serve up a function
rock.gif
NWS is about the only one that serves as a Functional hugger...Im sure someone will correct me and say Im wrong because everyone seems to know everything, about everything these days, because they read it some where or had a cousin's friend who tried it at one point.

I am waiting for my plate mounted LP blinkers to arrive, then the shovel (or airbrake) will be gone. Unfortunately I am 100% for sure this will be for sale soon. I looked at my friends Busa, lowered same I am looking 2" and his hugger cracked when the UT came down on it. So instead of breaking this, I'd rather sell it after I make a bracket.

Back