Rear caliper Brake Bleeding the easy way

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
I have been fiddling with my rear caliper for a couple of weeks. It all started when the rear wasn't working well. That led to rebuilding the caliper and bleeding the caliper. What an aweful time. Two bleeders lots of pumping even having to break lose a line to get the fluid flowing. Continuing through the eval process found the rear brake hose colapsing. Purchased a Galfer SS line from Pashnit and installed with no problem excepting dreading the bleeding process. Stopped Friday night at Harbor Freight to check out a Mity Vac. They wanted $39.95 but spotted a China knock off for $19.99. The cashier said I could bring it back if it didin't work so what the heck. The unit has a brass vaccuum chamber and quality bleed hoses and container so I tried it. To my surprise the darn thing worked so slick I was almost giddy..crazy stupid but love this thing. I even brought my wife out to see it work and she rolled her eyes...sorta like so this is what he does out here amusing himself for hours? There's yard work, house painting etc. etc.... anyways after being suitably impressed she left. If you guys want an inexpensive brake bleeding tool this is the deal and it's inexpensive. Usually the two don't go together but I just wanted to share. Wardie

Thanks Larry, soyour back brakes are functional again? as if you needed to stop anyway :laugh:

Following Caperle and Glazweigan is hard work and I could've used dual discs on the rear that day. Ha,ha.

Hey Acehole I'm leaving Thursday for Alabama and there is room for ya. PM me if your interested. Barber Vintage Festival.

Back