Rear Break Question

sessions

Registered
Is there a way other then getting a diffrent rotor or better pads to make your back break a little tighter for stoping, slowing down, etc. I tend to use my back break a little more to slow down, take curves, and stop? Was just curious.

Get a steel braid lines. But you really need to leave the rear brake alone bro man that is a bad habit that can get you hurt with a quickness

I have the braided lines already. I use the front all the time I guess I made that sound like I use it 100%, not true. I was just wondering if you could adjust it somehow to tighten it up alittle more?

I have had a habit of using the back brake to slow down also, galfer super lite line,galfer wave rotor and HH pads worked well for me

I only use my rear brake for holding the bike still when stopped on a hill, and emergency braking.
Posted via Mobile Device

rely on your front brakes more. When you're braking the majority of the weight transfers to the front leaving the back end vulnerable. If you use the rear brake even more you can end up locking the rear very easily. I think you're better off getting out of the cruiser habit of relying on the rear brake.

Well if you already have the braided lines then you should be good bro no way to really stiffen them up any more than they already are. Just be careful on that rear bro :beerchug:

As the others have said, take it easy with the rear brake on a busa. I never touch mine setting up for a corner or while in a corner. It will get you out of shape faster than you can react!

EBC Double HH pads Front and back.
You will see a big improvment on braking.

Loomis.

+1 Never use rear brakes, I had a Panic stop 1 time to much rear brake wiggled the back like MAD. Lesson Learned.

Last edited:
I have had a habit of using the back brake to slow down also, galfer super lite line,galfer wave rotor and HH pads worked well for me

+1 thanks for the tip I will try it. I use the front more than the rear but approaching traffic lights and in parking lots I use the rear more.

as posted above by some of the more gifted riders.... stay away from the back brake... it will get you KO'd so fast your head will spin... I am rolling 25k on stock pads and they are still a long ways from gone...

They keep the back brake rather weak for a reason.. but it sure comes in handy if you have a turn way overcooked :laugh:

Back BRAKE, not Break, (someone had to say it :poke:) can lead to trouble if you use too much, plus it really can't help you stop too much more than the front.

When you stop quickly the weight of your bike disperses to the front (this is how stoppies occur). So the quicker you stop, the less effect the rear brake has as your back end becomes lighter, and thus easier to lose traction.

See here: One of the scariest close calls ever - Bikerpunks.com

+1 Never use rear brakes, I had a Panic stop 1 time to much rear brake wiggled the back like MAD. Lesson Learned.

you need to invest in rider's courses and track days

THIS IS BAD ADVICE!!!!!

rear brake gives 30+% of your potential stopping ability.

Back BRAKE, not Break, (someone had to say it :poke:) can lead to trouble if you use too much, plus it really can't help you stop too much more than the front.

When you stop quickly the weight of your bike disperses to the front (this is how stoppies occur). So the quicker you stop, the less effect the rear brake has as your back end becomes lighter, and thus easier to lose traction.

See here: One of the scariest close calls ever - Bikerpunks.com

:rofl:Lol i didn't even catch that, i cant spell worth a flip and my fingers get to typing so fast i dont catch half my mistakes.

Last edited:
Back