Rear braking after +6 swingarm install

dxj_1

Registered
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same, after I installed my +6 swingarm I noticed my rear brakes don’t work as well. When I say don’t work as well I mean it takes a bit longer to stop, it’s noticeable, almost like my calipers are grabbing as tight. I not sure if it’s normal with extended rears or not. If anyone else has experienced this let me know.

-Thanks

What are you using for a brake line? Did you try bleeding the brakes?
rock.gif

I didn't have a tools so I have the work done at the shop in Chicago. They also install an extended break line. I try bleeding to see if this fixes my issues.

I just had a extended swingarm installed by Goldenchild and I noticed that my rear brakes were kind of soft and I got new lines also . I'm used to it now but I did notice it the first time I rode it.

they werent bled enough i'd think. if you only had the arm done, you would notice them working better. there is less weight over the tire when extended which will make the rear easier to slow.

Here's mine. My bike guys says, the rears just don't work so good anyway, especially if you're comparing them to the from brakes. Smaller rotor and only one. Bleed them again. No real difference.

PDRM1281.JPG

Goldenchild did the arm and All I had was the new chain and 16 tooth front sprocket so I told him just throw on a new rear one . All he had was a 45 so thats what it is . Man , talk about jumpy, that bike moves like yor in first all the time! I'm going to go to a 41 or 42 . I

Back