rear brakes

Tool

Registered
need help. doing rear brakes for first time. can not get inside piston to go in. is there a special trick? outside went right in. thanks for all help.

need help. doing rear brakes for first time. can not get inside piston to go in. is there a special trick? outside went right in. thanks for all help.

It's probably stuck...there is a bleeder screw on both sides of the caliper, if the bike is a '06 like it says in your sig line. Try opening the bleeder, you might just need to apply more force to free it up.

yes it was easy. about as quick as doing a chevy. did not want to take a chance though and cause any unwanted damage. and, hate to admit it, but, my bike is filthy. for the last month i get in the rain almost everyday. hopefully october will give us some relief from showers.

Haven't replaced the rear pads on my Gen II yet, but from memory, lots of clips to get right on the Gen I. Glad you got it. I have some old edger blades in the garage I use to get the pistons back in. Good flat surface.

Back